Why does Windows 8 constantly disconnect my account and asks for verification?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MonarchX, Dec 11, 2014.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I set auto-logon/login properly, using my MS account username (e-mail) and password. It works great, but when I go to check on my account in Metro panel, using the lower-right corner charms bar, selecting "Settings -> Change PC Settings -> Accounts" I see "Verify" option available.

The same applies to MS Office. I log into my account to use it, but after a restart, it shows exclamation sign or question mark that tells me to reconnect to MS account.

I do set Windows Update service to Manual. I am not sure if that is the cause of this "disconnect" from my MS account.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    did you follow the link to MS website to verify your account. Most of the time it happens with a new install or on a different device its been installed with. Following the link should take you to your live account at MS with a browser to verify your system with your account.

3. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Yes, of course. I have done that many times. However, a few reboots later, and it asks me to re-verify again! Why? It pretty much disconnects me from my MS account every so often and I have to manually connect to it. How can I make sure that connection stays there @ all times?

4. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Is that a bump on my face? Hm.. damn acne!