Why doesn't automatic driver installation from WU work?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Super Spartan, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I went to device installation settings and ensured that no driver updates are to take place from Windows Updates, then I ran the Microsoft Tool to hide/show updates and hid all driver updates but when I was using Windows 10 it kept bugging me about a Bluetooth Driver update even though I had the latest official Bluetooth Driver from ASUS which I downloaded from my motherboard drivers?

Isn't there a way to really make this driver updates work? This is my biggest gripe about Windows 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #2 odiebugs1, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    I doubt Asus made it, the hardware that is for blu, and if it's on your download page from Asus, I doubt it's the newest.

What is your mobo model number.

Most boards on Asus don't have the newest chipset INF, Audio, IME. They usually never do have the newest drivers.

3. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I have it in my sig bro, it's the ASUS X-99 Deluxe

The driver on the ASUS site is this:

Bluetooth Driver V12.0.1.550 for Windows 10 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)(for X99-Deluxe / X99-PRO) [Date: 2015/07/28]

There is also this one:

Bluetooth Win10 32bit&64bit V12.0.1.650 [Date: 2015/07/15]

ASUS driver team is always drunk, if you notice the driver that is more recent date wise, is actually an older version.

But beside this point, how to properly disable driver updates?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #4 odiebugs1, Aug 4, 2015
    Drunk, LMAO

Just don't call me eagle eye, in your sig. LOL

Don't worry no mobo posts the newest drivers, they want stable drivers posted so people don't find bugs.

There's no way besides turning off all updates, surprised the tool didn't work.

I have seen Microsoft handed new drivers before they've been posted, Reltek has given micro new drivers before they were posted.

If I were you I would install it, then check the driver version, if you don't like it or have bugs just revert.

P.S. Is that monitor worth it ??????????? wanted your opinion on the 4k.

Also the newest drive is 12.0.1.695.

5. esio

esio MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2015
    Why is there even an option?
    Doesn't work anyway.
    On my laptop Windows 10 is bugging me with stupid ELAN drivers for my touchpad.
    Default just works fine! No, Microsoft has to put this stupid driver over and over again in my download queue.

And this tool for hiding updates? If I'm fast enough after a reboot I can hide it. But after a restart or two it's in there again.
    Same for my Realtek Onboard Soundcard which I can't disable in BIOS (thanks to laptop bios) and which I don't use because of an external USB soundcard.

Even disabled it in my device manager, but no, Windowsupdate has to get it again because apparently they know better.

But they don't know jack s**t. Tried an AMD videocard from a friend (without drivers), because he had problems with it. Worked fine on my rig, went back to my nVidia Card (which I uninstalled with DDU Cleaner before) but Windowsupdate was still trying to update Radeon drivers first. No way to cancel.
    Had to clean again with DDU before WU realized that this card isn't there anymore. :mad:

6. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
  7. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I agree with you this could be a downfall with people who don't like being hounded.

8. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    man that is a real show stopper.

Do you have Windows 10 Pro or Home? If you have Pro, can you try the GPEDIT method and tell me if it works?

9. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I tried and you can't update, as for any drivers waiting in QUE, don't know if you'll still get hounded, I didn't have any driver updates from micro.

10. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    What do you think of EVGA motherboards? When the Skylake motherboards come out I wanna get either an ASRock or an EVGA motherboard.

11. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #12 odiebugs1, Aug 4, 2015
    Don't forget, Also the newest driver is 12.0.1.695. FYI

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I hear good things, but have never had anyone want one.

Most people want Asus, Gig, MSI, Asrock. I have never had a Evga GPU fail, even pushing them hard. Usually look for their cards.

13. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    same thing happened to my friend's Asus laptop... it installed LENOVO Synaptics drivers!!! WTF? :mad:
    Basic touchpad functions worked, but you couldn't use the Synaptics utility to change the touchpad settings! So, I had to force delete the driver, get the ELAN driver meant for 7 from Asus, install it, then use the MS tool to block the driver update... it finally worked right with the proper ELAN drivers afterwards