Why even call it windows?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dolorous Edd, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Windows implied separate boxes or windows that you could switch between for multi tasking. Half of the reason for having a big or multiple monitors is for multitasking.

Has MS completely ditched multitasking?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    More like alternative reality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. supisiche

supisiche MDL Junior Member

Aug 31, 2010
    If you click on the square called "Desktop", the system will take you to the interface called "Desktop". When you are on the "Desktop", you can open multiple "windows" and switch between them.

4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Wow! So cool! In Windows 7 I need only ONE monitor to do multitasking, but in Windows 8 I need ONE MONITOR PER TASK! Awesome!!! :druff:

P.S. I need a bigger room now...:D:D:D

5. Mr Theme

Mr Theme MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2012
    one monitor per app..... in store there are more than 1000 useful :laie: apps
    :roflmao:

6. ineedh3lp

ineedh3lp MDL Junior Member

Jan 17, 2011
  7. Akko

Akko MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    One fine day I expect to see a cool Android app called ...

... Start Win8

8. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    "If you click on the square called "Desktop", the system will take you to the interface called "Desktop". When you are on the "Desktop", you can open multiple "windows" and switch between them"

uhhh, yeah, but the desktop and 32 bit/64 bit apps won't be available for Windows 8 RT.

9. Netbanshee

Netbanshee MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2009
    New name, Window Pains