Why Google Chrome Is Very Annoying?

Discussion in 'Android' started by NST_Adventure, Oct 6, 2020.

  1. NST_Adventure

    NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

    Jun 1, 2019
    884
    181
    30
    Hi
    Now you already know One of the most popular browsers is Google Chrome
    Well i agree google chrome provide best services
    But even so there are things that are annoying about Google Chrome
    1. Greedy for resources (Mostly Ram And Battery)
    2. Greedy For Our Personal Data (Well Google It Self Are Greedy Data Company)

    Ok If You Say
    But We Disable Tracking Option In My Account Center

    Well You Can't Stop Google From Tracking You
    Even You Turn Off Tracking It Doesn't Mean You Are Safe ;)

    Do You Remember Google Terrible Track Record?
    -Google Still Can Track Your Location Even You Already Turn These Feature Off On Google Account Center

    Conclusion:
    Well Google Chrome (And Other Google App's) Is the best
    But They Also Annoying Because Of These Mentioned Things ;)
    (Oh Yes? Threatening Our Privacy As Well)

    With Google doing these activities, they clearly threaten our privacy so yeah Know yourself and you can judge for yourself

    What Do You Think?


    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wilenty

    wilenty MDL Member

    Jan 15, 2014
    233
    424
    10
    Hey,
    the question should be asked differently: "Why all Chromium based programs uses your storage for their needs, and they don't want to delete the cache when the program closing?"

    Because not only the Chrome is based on Chromiun, sample list for Windows (because I can't found similar list for Android): Amazon Silk, Avast Secure Browser, Beaker, Blisk, Brave, CodeWeavers CrossOver, Comodo Dragon, Cốc Cốc, Discord, Epic Browser, Falkon, Microsoft Edge, Naver Whale, Opera, Qihoo 360 Secure Browser, SalamWeb, Samsung Internet, Sleipnir, Slimjet, SRWare, Torch, Vivaldi, Yandex browser.

    Also, when all the above programs uses this same base, why this base can't be installed once, and you must install separate for all of above programs? This same comes to Android.

    Try install all of the above browsers on Windows, and after installing check the free space. ;-)

    And yes, the Google Chrome is "the best", because most webmasters write the websites for Chromium, like before they wrote them for IE 6 in the XP times. So, the browser "is the best" if you "promote" it enough, like a force install Google Chrome in some(/most) free programs to get a bit of money.

    P.S.
    "If you're not paying for the product, you are the product"
    Andrew Lewis aka blue_beetle

    Best Regards.
     
  3. talhaaxhar

    talhaaxhar MDL Novice

    Sep 29, 2020
    22
    3
    0
    But people still love it because it user friendly and easy to use most of the people don't know their privacy is compromised. some of them like me does not care .
    Thanks and have a nice day.
     
  4. NST_Adventure

    NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

    Jun 1, 2019
    884
    181
    30
    Yes this is one reason why free app software etc somehow is annoying
    What about open source product?
    You should pay them with contribution or donation i am correct?

    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. NST_Adventure

    NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

    Jun 1, 2019
    884
    181
    30
    If you are not paying for the product, you are the product

    So Next Time Be Carefull ;)

    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NST_Adventure

    NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

    Jun 1, 2019
    884
    181
    30
    Hi @wilenty
    Applications must store temporary cache And not to delete it automatically is not a problem (we can delete it using manual method) It just piles up so fast causing storage Filled up fast *FacePalm*
    Ok just compare it


    Ungoogled chromium vs google chrome

    But i also agree for this:
    But we still can prevent this by looking for "FOSS" Alternative
    Ah usually FOSS product are respect our freedom and privacy and you can pay them with contribution or donation Right? @wilenty

    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Three4Teen16

    Three4Teen16 MDL Novice

    Nov 1, 2020
    2
    1
    0
    To me, Gluegow Chrome is the worst, especially on the desktop.
    Not only because it's spyware and bloatware, but mainly because it is exceedingly idiot-friendly...
    On my cheap smartphone I uninstalled /disabled nearly-all-apps produced by google :angel_not:
    It's good to know the infamous Play Store thinks that I have no ""devices"" :-D
    I installed Opera, even though I rarely surf on the web through the smartphone,
    only because the Samsung browser is almost as sucky as Chrome and cannot be disabled /uninstalled at all
    (not without rooting, at least /AFAIK).
     
  8. John Sutherland

    John Sutherland MDL Addicted

    Oct 15, 2014
    836
    1,250
    30
    I gave up on using the Chrome browser and using Google search a long, long time ago. Neither is worth using.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. NST_Adventure

    NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

    Jun 1, 2019
    884
    181
    30
    Oh so you understand about rooting?
    Can you give a review my thread? it is about rooting as well :)
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/root-privilige-alternative.82828/

    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Murray654

    Murray654 MDL Novice

    Oct 24, 2015
    11
    5
    0
    Search for Iron browser, install and set DDG as your Search Engine. Now you have "chrome" browser which does not send data to Google...
     
  11. NST_Adventure

    NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

    Jun 1, 2019
    884
    181
    30
    Whoah :worthy:
    Thanks for info
    (Actually i already used the DDG browser from f-droid but this one is worth trying)

    Best Regards
    NST_Adventure
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...