why hapen it with me!!!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by salmanyes, Jan 1, 2011.

1. salmanyes

salmanyes MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    laptop lg x130 can not detect the battery...
    i had back up the bios and get the new bios file from source site LG,then flashing it ,but the result that laptop turn on but no video,
    then i return flashing the bios but the same result(no video)

can any one help me >>>

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Can you connect a VGA monitor and get the normal BIOS to boot up? Or is the BIOS corrupted still?

How did you flash the BIOS? Under DOS, Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

3. salmanyes

salmanyes MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    same problem with external vga...
    flash bios by -programmer device-

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Did you actually take the eeprom out?

Why not flash with intended manufacturer provided utilities?

sebus

5. salmanyes

salmanyes MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    yes i had take it ...
    becuase (the main problem was not detect battery)
    when i start flash bios on widows ,can not countinue because battery not detect

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    So you obviously flashed it somehow wrongly.
    As you do it externally, do it again

sebus

7. salmanyes

salmanyes MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    i tried alot of once

and i recoverd the old bios but the same problem

8. salmanyes

salmanyes MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    yes lg x130
    i didn`t extract the file bios UL1IA32.fd

9. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    So WHAT did you do?

sebus

10. salmanyes

salmanyes MDL Novice

May 2, 2010
    i had repalce the bios from mobo and download the latest bios ver and programming it by programmer device

11. homiekeh

homiekeh MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2011
    i have the same exact issue

hello there,

i have the same exact issue, my lg x130's battery is not being detected. the netbook has been sitting in the box for a long time. when i got it out to use it, the battery did not get recognized, so i decided to update the bios. i got the latest bios for my specific model. model x130 G.A7B1E2, bios version updated to 3f32 from lg's website (cant post link, need 20+posts :( )

what should i do? Im using windows XP if it matters.

I do not know if the problem of the battery not being detected existed before today as i just ran a full system restore. after which i noticed that the battery was not recognized.

i checked the bios (pressing f2 on boot) the version has updated successfully to the latest version (3f32).

any help would be appreciated.

regards

12. homiekeh

homiekeh MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2011
    don't mean to hijack the thread, but i wrote how i solved my issue. but I can't link, so im copying and pasting what i wrote on another forum. hopefully this will help someone with the same issue.

It might be helpful if you somehow are able to run intelligent updater, maybe you will find a newer bios that will solve your issue. that is what i did.

as written on the notebookreview forums:

I do not know how, but after searching around i stumbled upon this Turkish forum (its translated through google translate) they had found a solution.

It turns out i was right, the bios update is needed to fix the battery issue AND in order to run the update the battery has to be in and recognized. to solve this paradox, use universal extractor to extract the 7z exe bios file and modify platform.ini using notepad, change "BatteryCheck=1" to "BatteryCheck=0" and run insydeFlash.exe. it will now not check for the battery and will install then restart like usual. after the reboot, the battery should be recognized. go to control panel -> power options and check the power meter tab. the battery should show.

Note: LG did not have the most up to date bios for my model (x130 G.A7B1E2). I was able to get the (hopefully) latest bios using LG's intelligent updater that came preinstalled on the system.

I do not know if all LG X130 have the same exact hardware. but the bios i used is for the x130 G.A7B1E2. If you have another model, then use LG's intelligent updater and download the latest bios and follow the steps above. the f3f91 bios is supposedly the most current based on LG's intelligent updater as of jan 15, 2011.

I got this model from the middle east, i am sure a lot of people from the region have this issue. I'm surprised LG hasn't made it clear on how to solve it.

I emailed the LG tech support in Tunisia (not where i bought it from but this model is listed on the Tunisian LG website), I want to hear what they have to say about the issue.

hopefully this helps.

Regards,

13. homiekeh

homiekeh MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2011
    Hey tqhoang, thanks for linking. hopefully this will help someone in the future.

regards