Why I cannot activate Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kaneboy85, Dec 25, 2008.

1. kaneboy85

kaneboy85 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    Why i cannot activate vista? i using acer 4930-731, i install the vista ultimate, i try searching all the activator, all cannot activate.

Now what do i need to check and what to do to activate the vista ultimate? can some one guide me what to do??

thanks..

2. kaneboy85

kaneboy85 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    I see my bios version on bios mode, it show me v1.09, then i go to acer website search it, the latest one only v1.06? i go google search it also dont have version 1.09. did my this bios version not support vista? i buying one is linux version.

3. vi_nuoc_quen_than

vi_nuoc_quen_than MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2008
  4. kaneboy85

kaneboy85 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    i just try this WOW, after i install it, my notebook cannot boot up, it hang on dos mode, said what not support dos driver ......
    then now i reinstall the window vista again.

Anyone with this aspire 4930-731 successful activate vista?
    Can share me how to do it?

5. kaneboy85

kaneboy85 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    I try to reinstall the Vista SP1 again, then do the WOW again. after i reboot it show me this message, and cannot go into window.

Failure restore rom INT 0X09 vector. Unsupported Dos, device, or TSR

So what is the problem now?

6. pontyboy77

pontyboy77 MDL Novice

May 7, 2008
    I had the exact same problem on a Acer extensa, nothing worked, had to sell it in the end, so i tend to keep away from Acer unless its already got a slic table,

7. kaneboy85

kaneboy85 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    I already know how to do with the problem, and finaly i also activate the vista, i back up the bios, and full flash, finaly i got the SLIC table inside the bios, but too bad my UUID and SN change, then i restore back to original. then i try to flash again, finaly i import the SLIC into my bios with my own UUID and SN, but too bad it cannot be activate because the NSLI still inside the bios, the system will read the NSLI first, then i try to remove the NSLI, it can activate but my UUID and SN change, that mean UUID and SN was include inside SLIC for acer.

It there anyway to change the UUID and SN for insyde bios? so i can flash the bios with SLIC then change the UUID and SN with other application.