Why Kasper Sky and Nod 32 are best in this poll?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Happpy, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
  2. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    no idea..coz they're famous?n perform well as well:p
    because i only use free software.for antivirus i use MSE..for spyware protection i use superantispyware and yes..both r free..:biggrin:
    LAst week my 2nd laptop which had norton installed got infected by the .scr virus.Turns all of your files invisible and creating a duplicate with screeensaver file (.scr) instead..although i scanned the pendrive.Norton did't detect it but MSE did..hehe..did;t say norton (or any other non-free av's r not good),but i prefer MSE,dont know why..chill

3. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Nod32 is the least heavy av I used and less false positives. Kaspersky is good but if you use a lot of hacks there will be a lot of pop ups like hacktool detected and more nags. They are both well supported and are good, if you are on a budget kaspersky is good because nod32 cost like 50$ last time I checked.

4. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Kaspersky and NOD32 have the best scanning engines.

NOD32 excels in system performance as you don't even feel there is an Antivirus on your system but it is actually very very secure, I have been using it for the past 6 years and never got a virus and yet enjoyed top notch performance!

I suggest you try the demo after uninstalling your current antivirus. Itll work just as good as the full version for 30 days. then youll know for yourself why NOD32 gets so high of a rating in polls :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Guys I need more and more ideas from you. Please contribute more. It'll help all people, not only for me. Give your ideas about AVG too.

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    I've tried AVG and Avira and they both seem a bit heavier on resources then say my NOD32 SS. But if you don't mind a little slow down then there both good alternatives w/o having to pay for it.

7. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    The only free antivirus I would use is Avira AntiVir, however, I don't because it's a bit heavier on the resources thatn NOD32 is, it is however the best out of the FREE antivirus alternatives. But for paid, NOD32 demolishes the competition with the best performance, you don't even feel that you have an antivirus program running, it's that light! yet still very very secure! never had a single virus in 6 years!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Well, Guys You did great job so far. So Thanks all for this.