Why my notepad normal template changes if i just changes fontsize in one file

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jraju, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, i think it is weird behaviour.
    Normally if i change font etc in msword , the template does not change for all the word files.
    I changed the font size in one of the srt files . Srt files are text like files.
    i chaned the font and find that this change has been effected in all the files i saved .
    what is that i miss and give me solution

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    I do believe this is normal behavior for text files unfortunately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, So, i cannot have separate font size for a single file in my system.
    is there a fix ,
    i tried to copy and change the font in msword etc.
    But , i also found that while saving the changed font size and paste in a notepad, it changes to its default size.
    why this is so.
    Will note pad++ behave differently

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #4 kaljukass, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Now since MS has changed notepad to be a Store app, then it is possible this could change in the future, but as of now it hasn't.

6. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, you know very well that srt files and ass files could be edited by notepad and , if i change the font size, for one srt or ass, then if all becomes the same size.
    This i noticed only in thenotepad.
    If all my text files already saved and to be saved becomes the same font size, then it is not at all desirable.
    i will tr notepad ++ and see if it has anything special
    but there may be a fix to give the template change to only one file.

7. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Your files don't change at all, you just see them differently. All text files are exactly the same.
    The text file formatting will not be saved. Only the text itself is saved. And there's nothing you need to change anywhere.
    If you also want to save the formatting, you need to use some Word program, Open Office, WPS etc. They also save formatting, but of course not for plain text files. There You must use formated text formats like .doc, docx, .odt, .ott, .oth, .odm etc.
    In Notepad, you do not change the formatting of the text, but the formatting of the program, ie how you view the text. But once again - it will not be stored or saved with document but with program, ie with Notepad. These are not document settings, but program settings.

8. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, Bur DO NOT YOU KNOW THAT DOCX OR DOC would not be possible to edit and save to treat them as srt files. word saves iony in docx format based on normal.dotm

9. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #9 kaljukass, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Ok I got it. I don't waste any more time because it seems pointless.
    This also applies to your yellow drivers.
    I just realized now what the main problem is.

10. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    Definitely need those yellow drivers. :p

11. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
  12. jraju

jraju MDL Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Hi, I mean not yellow drivers. Yellow exclamation devices. Hope now you understand