Why People Pirated Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gethsemane, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
  2. ynhdarkman

ynhdarkman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    wow... so much for Windows 7 Launch Day :/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prodigy_

prodigy_ MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    People need to switch to Ubuntu. :) Today's GNU/Linux is friendlier than ever (and certainly friendlier than any kind of Windows). Besides, Ubuntu 9.10 will be released in a week.

4. ynhdarkman

ynhdarkman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    ugh... Linux distros... i have Fedora 11 on my laptop JUST BECAUSE i need it for college... sincerely HATE IT... never really managed to install any good video driver (Nvidia card)... every single release gave me artifacts, so i'm stuck with default and no effects...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. prodigy_

prodigy_ MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    Well, I have ATI. People like to say that ATI driver for Linux is poor, but I have yet to see any problem with it. Even CF works. :)

6. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Short answer for the first post: why not?

7. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Actually the clean upgrade install does work ;-) Install without a key the first time. And then upgrade on top of that with your key. Microsoft shot themselves in the face with a shotgun with the Upgrade being able to do that. They should fire some people lol. And hey now I use Linux. Just not for gaming :p Using a VM to play games doesn't work. I will full time Linux someday. Probably when I'm in University for Computer Engineering. I won't have time to play games.

8. rdyoung

rdyoung MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    Yes, that does work. But most of the people I deal with on a daily basis (I have my own computer repair business) barely know how to turn on the computer, forget about installing an os and then upgrading from within, or even the ability to use google to find a walkthrough.

9. poi2

poi2 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    Yep, it's a bit of a shame they got the software itself so right, but their methods of getting it into people's hands are a mess.

Lots of confusion with upgrade discs vs. upgrade installs. Confusion with how it works coming from XP where they're told they "can't upgrade" and so on. Confusion with the downloads coming as executable files that don't readily make a bootable disc....

They certainly have room for improvement. Their customer service is going to be very very busy for awhile.

10. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    ATI dropped support for my card(both windows and linux), and I'll forever hate them for it.

11. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    they knew this mess when they started and said that they would support the whole process not the OEM.