why to mod bios?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by ybsert, Sep 13, 2007.

1. ybsert

ybsert MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2007
    In fact I am not related to activate windose xp or vista. The only thing i want to do is to overclock my system, in which the BIOS has no overclocking options (even ctrl+f1 does not work) and i can not even overclock my cpu by clockgen or any other tool.

My question is:
    Is it possible after installing my mainboard's modded bios to overclock my CPU?

In other words can i unlock my BIOS's overclocking options?

My mainboard is MSI K9GAM2-FIH and i found a modded bios for it!(A7327AMS.140)

Please help! At least show me a way to do so!:)

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    That wont help you overclock your Machine do some searching on google for info learn how to overclock first you dont need to flash the bios.

3. ybsert

ybsert MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2007
    ok ok

I already tried to oc the machine via BIOS or Windows applications but i cant

OC options are locked in the BIOS,

in fact my question is:
    Is it possible to unlock the locked or hidden options in the BIOS via using modded BIOSes?

As it is possible to change the startup logo etc.!

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #4 urie, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  5. ybsert

ybsert MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks a lot for the replies,

in fact i'm not new to overclocking and has done many times but unfortunately i bought this board without noticing the inability to OC!!

I bought the board from a discount so returning it back is not an option so i am seeking final hopes of overclocking the MSI board!

Thank you all for your responses, and if i find sthg on this, i will make you know!

6. Razorbackinou

Razorbackinou MDL Novice

Jul 3, 2007
    Hi,

Some bios called "uber bios" have oc functions unlocked... they are hard to find and flashing may be dangerous...

Good luck

Tcho