Why touch the bios ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pierrejaquet, Feb 18, 2011.

1. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I think activating windows with bios modification is like killing a rat with a nuclear bomb.

I mean windows can be kept in eternal trial just with the help of a bat file so why take the risk to screw up your computer ? :eek:

I see so many threads like this: "Help computer won't boot after bios flash" :rolleyes:

:merlin:

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Microsoft can't do crap about it as far as I know. Also it's batch(less) :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I think answer is there already. TITS, "permanent solution". :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. confabulator

confabulator MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    even if should not dont like could not so gotta figger it even if i dont

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    It's all about preference. I actually wanted a BIOS mod but my comp is too difficult to mod so I chose to develop trial concept. I think the BIOS mod is as solid or equivalent to Daz loader emulation

Remember it's preference we even use solutions so it is only natural to to choose which solution is best and for beginners BIOS is probably not their first choice

6. confabulator

confabulator MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    ...i used the msdn route re initiating the trial myself while the rtm was up which lead me to looking at the loader which needs the slic updated and so to brushing it directly so, hey they are all usuables...i just like the idea of doing it once for a long time and watching it be that way