Wi-Fi help needed

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by jetjock, Nov 26, 2019.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    #1 jetjock, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    I got this from brother-in-law, but since I don't live in a similar situation I thought I'd ask if anyone here had any help to offer:

Public WI-FI is included in the rent but we can get encrypted WI-FI for an extra $25.00/mo. I would think we would want the encrypted, correct?

Also we are getting 30-40 junk emails per day. I keep blocking and deleting them them but many come back. Do you have a solution to this problem? Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    that is $300 a year.a lot of money. they are bloody thieves. have a look at protonmail.com
    it is encrypted already. it is free,and it has a spamfilter too.
    if you do not have to make payments over that wifi, i would avoid this encrypted wifi.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #3 kaljukass, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    The only solution is go to email settings and block all unwanted senders or if not possible send them directly to spam. One more thing is to unsubscribe off all what You don't want no more. If even this not possible, select some better email service. Usually all spam is sent automatically to well known and more used email provider costumers like gmail, hotmail, live, outlook, mail, etc.
    For example, I got 50-100 junk per hour before but after adding blocking filters I usually get 3-4 junk per day.
    Wi-Fi and encryption are not related to unwanted or spam posts any way.