wifi intruder detected

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by azrul, Dec 6, 2009.

1. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    hai,do i need to worry about this thing?does it mean someone is trying to hack into my system?what should i do to stop it because although i deny the access it still come again but with different ip address?

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      71.3 KB
      Views:
  2. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    If you do not have a computer with that MAC address, block it. It will block that MAC address only.

If your wifi is encrypted correctly, you might be suspect of the message, if you have an open system, close it now.

Use WPA=AES or better and a password at least 32 characters (64 better) (use periods, percentage, up , pound sign , blank spaces, etc)

Change your password occasionally, especially right now.

3. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    If it's the same mac every time, it may well could be.
    Check your router settings. Make sure firewall is enabled, change your default ssid and console password, uncheck ssid broadcast and use WPA/PSK encryption. Use a key at least 10 symbols long.
    Enable mac address filtering for your network, thus allowing the macs of every pc connected, but disallowing all other macs.
    mac address filtering isn't waterproof, cause they can be spoofed, but it will tighten your security up a bit.

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Beat me to it :D

5. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    tq for the reply.
    i just realize it is a different mac each time.
    im using a public wifi,but never happen like this before.
    what the worse thing that could happen if someone manage to get in to my system?
    i dont know if it is related..since i cant use my mozilla for the past few days,i use explorer instead and then only the intrusion started.

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      97.9 KB
      Views:
  6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    From the looks of it, someone gains access to your wifi everytime, but gets blocked by your panda security. Could be other ppl who have a laptop, and accidentally (or intentially) connect to your network. That happens quite a lot in crowded areas like appartment blocks.

That's not good, bro.

U NEED to enable your router firewall, change your default ssid and console pass, use WPA encryption with a key as large as possible for you, enable MAC filtering and disable ssid broadcast.

That way access to your wifi network will be totally blocked, and these warnings will go away.

Also you could use a network analyser to determine if there are other wifi networks in your vicinity, and to see which channel will be the least in conflict with those other wifi's.

gen555

7. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    thanks bro,will try it.

8. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    From the sounds of it, he is using an open access public wifi connection, and I am guessing knowing that....that Panda is simply seeing another computer on the same public network, possibly trying to connect to file shares or scanning ports of his computer which seems to be protected by Panda. (dunno what Panda is seeing exactly)

Most wifi networks block peer to peer connections, but if this one does not, best to be certain you have a firewall blocking all incoming.

Sorry Genuine555, i'll slow down in the future, lol. I just pop in here occasionally to give my 2cents worth when I have a few min. to kill.

Unshare any shares, be sure windows firewall at least is on and you have a password set for all accounts.

9. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    You're right, bro. But if you read, I allready told him this in my previous post. :D (I beat you to it :D:D)
    Someone (or more), is accessing his network accidentaly or intentionally. He needs to enable his router firewall, change his default ssid and stop it from broadcasting, enable WPA encryption and mac address filtering, and change his console username and pass.

gen555

The warnings will be gone then...

10. foxhunter

foxhunter MDL Member

Feb 6, 2009
    It might be a running computer or WiFi-device somewhere in the neighborhood.

I saw something similar in my router logfiles. After checking the vendor of the MAC-adress i saw, that it was a device from Konica. So it might be a printer with WiFi capabilities which wasn't configured correctly.

Maybe it was brand new and the owner didn't configure it yet.

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Not probable. He's getting warnings of many different ip's and mac's, so it has to be comming from multiple connections. He just didn't configure security at all in his router.

gen555

12. heffe2001

heffe2001 MDL Novice

May 8, 2007
    Guess you guys didn't read the part about him using a public WiFi connection... Can't usually go in and configure those, as they belong to someone else...

13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I'll be damned :p
    I think Imma need some glasses again :D
    Used to wear them, but my eyes improved, so they became obsolete.
    Yeah right, mr. eye doctor :rolleyes:

Thanx for the heads up.

14. heffe2001

heffe2001 MDL Novice

May 8, 2007
    I ment to post yesterday on this thread to just continue to block the incoming stuff as it's a public network, and even thouht I did, but apparently now looking back didn't... I hate getting older, senility is a bad thing, lol.

15. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Becoming blind isn't fun either. Damn :p

16. MasterHacker

MasterHacker MDL Junior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Another thing to do is try to send a text message using command prompt and say you have total control over their computer from anywhere with a internet connection and see if someone leaves suddenly in a hurry.

17. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    ROFL

That could work :D
    Allthough, I thought netsend didn't work anymore on modern systems ? could be wrong...

18. MasterHacker

MasterHacker MDL Junior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Netsend doesn't work vista and windows 7 but works perfectly fine in xp because couple years I used it in my high school computer class when I didn't want the whole class to hear the conversation. I thought I would also let know it does tell your computer name which in most computer classes is the computer number which helped keep you from getting spammed while working on a assignment. You can use this to prank someone at school but you have to use your own notebook/netbook so you can change the computer's name to the name your principal/teacher.