Wil Genuine Windows 8 Pro Be Blacklisted

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Three Lions, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Hi All

Fantastic site

Just a quick question Ive read a lot of information on this site & doing some surfing on line via Google

My concern is that some info I`ve read alarms me the reason why is that Microsoft Windows 8.1 appears to be activated if the user as a genuine Windows 8 key(Which only seems right)

But I read on a Microsoft site last night that as Windows 8.1 is not released until 18th October 2013,that user risk their genuine windows 8 key being blacklisted

Let me explain this as the RTM of Windows 8.1 as been pass to Microsoft Oem Partners that was RTM1 & as Microsoft work on any issues that may arise from their partners regarding hardware issues.
    Microsoft will then address these issues over period of say 2 months & smooth out the issues that their partners have Then Release The Final Microsoft Windows RTM2 Which will be the version that is then released on the 18/102013

So that people are activating their systems with a un-release version of Windows 8.1
    Microsoft would have the information on the people who activate this way

Could This Be True

I`m concern about this as I`m 73yrs of age & my wife as a laptop with Windows 8 + WMC Genuine & she was considering upgrading to windows 8.1
    But I received some information about this & Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2013 from Alex Alba on this site & from her advice my wife as chosen to wait until it is offer to her through windows store

I have been trying to find the site I visited last night but if I did I could not put a link as I`m new here

BUT COULD MICROSOFT BLOCK GENUINE KEYS IN THIS WAY

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #2 endbase, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    Don't think so if you have paid for a genuine key they don't have the legal rights to blacklist the key !! The only reason to blacklist a key is that if you have a MAK key and would share it on the internet with others I think but if not so I stand corrected :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I had once an Original Kay blocked from am Windows 7 Ultimate bought as OEM Package. MS asked for an copy of the COA and after I had to send by Fax, I got Windows 7 activated again with no problems. As long as you have proof that you're the legal owner, MS will re-activate even if they had blocked the Product Key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. amitvn

amitvn MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2013
    Do you think MS will blacklist a user who is willing to test a OS as primary OS and even he had paid for original key ?? to g
    It will help them only to get bugs from live system.

5. david_xross_2

david_xross_2 MDL Senior Member

Aug 31, 2012
  6. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    LOL - Yes, like david said there is no such thing called "RTM 1 and RTM 2" But the retail edition could be different if you buy or update it through stores. Don't worry your key won't get blacklisted, just to be safe don't install the roaming 8.1 wait for the official release for public and update your windows to 8.1, which is safe.

Thanks

7. Three Lions

Three Lions MDL Junior Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Thanks my wife intends to wait then we know we have the official release, but it would not be fair to the genuine user if Microsoft blocked their key which they purchase via a genuine source.
    But would Microsoft have the right to block a genuine key that is used on a un-official software that the user may have broke the terms upon which the key was purchased
    I have read on this site that systems purchased with pre-install windows 8 the key is not visible but will auto activate so I assume that it cant be blocked .
    But what if someone as a genuine key & someone else gets their key & achieves activation would the person who purchased the licence key be block
    And would he/she prove that someone else as stolen who used their key
    Just A Thought
    Any info would be worth a read on this topic

8. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Sir,

No it won't be blocked but if the stolen key is shared with multiple people then it may get blocked, if you purchased the genuine key via retail or pre-installed OS (OEM Sticker will be on the Laptop / PC). You can always ask for replacement by showing your proofs / contacting the system manufacturers.

BTW i would suggest you to not to worry about this matter. Please take rest and sleep well. You have plenty of work to do.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    MS has the right to block and/or cancel Product Key's for several reason.

Normally the would not do that except MS has the proof that the key is used at the same time on more than 3 Machine or the Product Key were re-sold to several 3rd parties.

You don't have to be worry if you din't commit one of the above actions.

10. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Retail images available for download have started varying with Windows 8 release.
    In Windows 7, they used Digitalriver for download links, and those files match MSDN isos.

In Win8, the downloaded files have an extra mediameta.xml and only one single install index depending on your key. It is in install.esd recovery compressed format.
    Those versions are downloaded through the Windows store purchase email confirmations.
    I imagine that the Retail Physical versions would likely resemble the MSDN isos.

11. Mikorist

Mikorist MDL Member

Dec 26, 2012
    #11 Mikorist, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

There are various rumors there. Some say that we (with msdn images) will blacklisted some did not. we'll see on the 18th.:haha:

12. Mikorist

Mikorist MDL Member

Dec 26, 2012

and what if not?

we'll be stuck on this version?

we will be deactivated?

13. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I cannot think of a time in recent history where the installed version did not mirror the MSDN iso.
    I seem to remember someone saying something about a Vista version somewhere, but I've never experienced this problem.
    That's not to say the downloaded version is not vastly different. They are saving bandwidth by using the install.esd recovery compression and single indexes.
    The installed version is the same though...