Will China become the new #1?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ! inflicted, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ! inflicted

! inflicted MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2008
    Will the chinese overtake the US?

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    in what???
    Do you mean economically??

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    In starting wars for oil never, in pollution they have already. :D;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I just watched a video on that in science! Weird eh?

5. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    But in terms of technology and cheap electronics products,they may overtake US.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    IMHO China grows too fast.
    They sooner or later will run into trouble. Also the majority of residents is still poor. Truely an Economic power. Have a look at electronic stuff when you buy some: Made in PRC, almost everything, very cheap......they have overtaken the US by far (regarding electronic stuff), quality though is sometimes missing.

China doesn't care about copyright and other kind of rights (human rights). Also censorship is common. China is double-edged....we all are taking benefit of cheap electronic stuff, but a high prize therefore has to be paid by others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    That's true,And what's the opinion about INDIA???

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #8 Yen, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    India. Economically it doesn't play a dominant role. I guess in agriculture, clothing, chemicals and supply of services though. The company where I'm working has also a pharmaceutical company in India (NOIDA, Uttar Pradesh). I have never been there though.
    To me India has got a lot to offer about culture and religion. To me very valuable, also wise men (mahatma) come from India. Also I like to know more about Hinduism.

9. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Thanks for your opinion,what's the name of your company??

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't post it at the public..no ads...:D;)

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I'm sure China can and they will try regardless of the consequences.
    China is an interesting growing market, no question. The company where I'm working has a growth rate of 20% export each year to China.
    So when China grows I will grow as well. :biggrin:

Anyway much more important than to be number one is freedom and prosperity for EVERY resident. You may ask Fu Xiancai about. (Three Gorges Dam)

12. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    What it says in the UN and other such places is like day and night to what its (or any totalitarian) government does in its own country. So that statement like most such public statements are worth sh..t. Anyway, the thread is about China being no 1, which it is close economically and is already No 1 population wise. Also, in hypocrisy.

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Lol, open your eyes, do you agree with that? China grows economically, but human rights are treated with contempt. This is growth at any price.
    Even if China should become number one economically, what's that all worth then?
    Economical growth at one side, at the other side forced resettlement and robbery of body organs.
    As long as China doesn't respect human rights, China will never be number one. Economical growth is not sufficient, IMHO. ;)

14. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Yeah,you're right,its clearly known from the case about the recent Nobel Prize winner for peace...

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Your point of view is a good one. :)
    For that I wish China all the best. I cannot deny that many people are already taking benefit of the development of China. Every country (government) may have made mistakes. Important is to learn about.
    Btw: I'm no American, I live in Europe, anyway Obama is a very valuable President. IMHO.:)