Will hosting the modded bios and activation files on my website get me into trouble?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wasserkool, Aug 31, 2009.

1. wasserkool

wasserkool MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    It seems that many of the links here are not working because box.net ran out of bandwidth. I have a personal site below which have unlimited bandwidth. If I were going to host it there, will I get into legal trouble?

If not, I can start putting all the files there for you guys!

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    There is nothing illegal about hosting modded Bios's.

3. leadboots5

leadboots5 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    The staff here are highly against anyone hosting the modded bios on another site(There was a great site for this once already that the mods asked the guy to shutdown, so he complied)

4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Actually that was a wiki containing info about the mods, not the modded files themselves.

If you can host somewhere that doesn't strictly interpret copyright law, sure, otherwise you're opening a can of worms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    @ wasser i would really ask the mods if they would be against your idea. I would hate to be stepping on other peoples toes.

6. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    There's really nothing controversial about the BIOS files THEMSELVES...but once people start discussing what one can do with a modded BIOS...well, that's where the fun begins.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...