Will modding my bios to 2.1 kill my OC?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by luke, Jul 28, 2009.

1. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    adding 2.1 to my bios kill my OverClock my motherboard is a EVGA X58 SLI, if it wont is there a modded bios for my board floting around?

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    it should not effect it but you will have to go back in and reset all your settings unless the bios has a backup stored area to restore it from..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    ok thanks yer there saved its just i had this problem with my 680i when vista come out, any were i can get a bios from thats safe?

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    A proper mod will not affect OC.
    But after you've flashed the mod you have to load the setup defaults and to save it. Boot and have a look if SLIC2.1 is there.

After that enter bios setup and set your OC settings from scratch. (Maybe write them down before you try for the mod.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    if he has a bios save feature he should just be able to click load from that bank or however his bios says it.. instead of manually i know that works fine for me..

6. luke

luke MDL Senior Member

Jun 22, 2007
    setup defaults ? do you mean Bios defaults and i use to check with Everest