will win 7 SP 1 break a loader activation?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by perfection, Mar 1, 2011.

1. perfection

perfection MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2010
    Since a service pack is a roll up of updates to date (and more) the forthcoming (or has it already come) SP 1 for win 7 will contain the dreaded KB971033 update. Won't this be temporarily fateful?

I understand that the new day loader is immune to this KB. (from which version did it immunize ein 7 against this KB?)

I have activated my Win 7 using an older version of the daz loader and have already been broken by mistakenly downloading KB KB 971033. I reformatted (was there a solution that could undo the damage) and then stayed clear of this KB. What will happen now that SP1 is on the verge of release? Should i run the loader again (new version) or am i safe (why?) and will the new loader work and overwrite whatever was done by the older version of the loader ?

2. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Don't have any problems w/ KB971033 at all.

3. Snoopy_garnet

Snoopy_garnet MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2011
    There is no need to reformat after installing KB971033. There is a sticky thread in this forum that discribes how to handle it.
    SP1 is not installing KB971033, or at least it didn't in the four machines I've upgraded.

4. crabhunter

crabhunter MDL Junior Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I'm using an older daz loader as it was the latest at the time and SP1 went in without breaking it. I remember Vista broke a loader I was using after a service pack but I just reinstalled it and it was fine again.

5. perfection

perfection MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2010
    Thanks all
    I have no dear now and weill go ahead and allow my laptop to get sp1 with auto updates

6. all4free

all4free MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2011
    Hi perfection. Herewith the answer to your problem. I have simply extracted this from the help file/read me text file that accompanies the latest DAZ loader(1.97). You can find it on this forum. I would suggest you use the latest one if you do have trouble with continued activation. This loader is definitely the best of all available. Blessings..

1. Notes
    2. Changes
    3. Virus scan results / checksums
    4. Arguments
    5. Extra

##########################################################################
    # 1 - Notes
    ##########################################################################
    Do you have the WAT update installed, KB971033? If yes you may have got flagged as non-genuine. In order to become genuine again just do the following.

* Launch the loader application and select to uninstall
    * Restart the PC
    * Install the loader and restart the PC
    * Visit the following website to revalidate Windows:

Is Windows failing to boot after you installed the loader? Just do the following.

* Boot up the PC from your Windows installation disk
    * Select the "Repair your computer" option
    * Select "Command Prompt"
    * Input "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" (without quotes)
    * Restart the PC

Note: If the above doesn't fix your boot issue then use the command "bootsect.exe /nt60 ALL /force" instead. Just make sure you remove all USB flash drives before you use the command.

####

If you have previously used another activation solution and have been marked as non-genuine then you first need to uninstall the software you used or just format and start fresh.

####

Q. I received the error message "Error finding your systems active partition", what do I have to do?
    A. You need to format the whole hard drive with a program like Active@ Kill Disk. This issue is caused by your locked OEM partition.
    Q. I received the error message "Failed to add loader to the boot code", what do I have to do?
    A. Disable any system protection. Some types of software block the loader application from installing to the boot code.

Q. I've used a version of the loader before and it failed to work, what do I have to do?
    A. If you previously used bootsect to get back into Windows then you first need to press uninstall, reboot and then install the newest version of the loader.

Q. Why was table sorting changed so that it's now disabled by default?
    A. Some machines don't like the table order being changed so to make the loader more system compatible we disabled it by default.

Q. I've previously used another activation solution and I think it's modified my systems files, can I fix it?
    A. You can first try to uninstall what you originally installed and then try running "sfc.exe /scannow" from command prompt as an administrator.

Q. I've got Linux on another partition/drive, is there anything I should know?
    A. Use the preserve current boot code option.

Q. How can I use BitLocker, TrueCrypt or another boot manager?
    A. First setup the software and then install the loader with the option selected to preserve the current boot code.

Q. I lose activation status after my systems been to sleep or has been in hibernation, can I fix it?
    A. Go to the advanced options and select to disable type 4 memory, install the loader again and see if that cures it. If you're not cured try to disable type 3 memory instead. If it still fails try selecting the legacy setting.

Q. I installed the loader and my system hangs during the boot process, can I fix it?
    A. Go to the advanced options and select to disable type 4 memory, install the loader again and see if that cures it. If you're not cured try to disable type 3 memory instead. If it still fails try selecting the legacy setting.

Q. I installed the loader and rebooted but I'm not activated. The loader application displays the message "BAD SLIC SIZE" or "BAD SLIC DATA", can I fix it?
    A. Uninstall the loader, power down and then boot up the system again. Go to the applications advanced options and select to ignore the existing SLIC and then press install.

Q. Why not use an E edition of Windows 7?
    A. Because they were never officially released and I can't guarantee the E edtions will remain activated.