Will Windows 10 activation last forever for people who upgraded from DAZ loader Win7?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by heartbrake, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartbrake

heartbrake MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2013
    I'm reading a lot about that how people are upgrading to windows 10 from their daz loader activated windows 7. Even after upgrading from a pirated version of windows 7 their windows 10 is activated wihtout doing anything. Will this activation last forever? I reserved my copy of windows 10 upgrade too but I am having second thoughts because I will get windows 10 home as I will be upgrading from my Genuine Windows 8.1 Core. I just want the Win 10 pro and I am thinking about installing Win 7 Ultimate with DAZ loader and then upgrade to Win 10 Pro version for free. Is it a wise move? I know that activation will get attached to Harware ID. I just don't want to regret it in the end if Microsoft plans to blacklist those upgrades from daz loader windows 7 to Win 10.

2. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    It appears to be working at the moment, but whether Microsoft is detecting and marking dodgy activations on the server side so that they can blacklist them later on, only Microsoft knows.

However, from what I've heard KMS activation still works in Windows 10, so even if your "legit" Daz-loader activation gets blown away you could just re-activate using Microsoft Toolkit.

3. heartbrake

heartbrake MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2013
    Ok but if I upgrade from my legit windows 8.1 to win 10 home, Will my 8.1 product key become useless in case I want to go back windows 8.1 in future?

4. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    That's a good question. I don't know how (or if) Microsoft tracks different OS or edition activations from the same machine, so I don't know.

5. pirithous

pirithous MDL Member

Dec 17, 2014
  6. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    If Microsoft could possibly know FOR SURE that a Daz activated Windows is pirate, they would have defeated Daz Loader long time ago.

99,9% is good. I would stick with 100%. Yes. Once activated, forever activated - being 'forever' the device lifetime (with no significant hardware changes).

For Microsoft, to do otherwise would be not only technically challenging; it would be strategically dumb. They desperately want us to upgrade our systems with the bloody thing.

7. forbjok

forbjok MDL Novice

May 18, 2010
    If Microsoft can detect Daz loader, then they will know for sure that the activation is not legit.
    To be honest, I don't think the real question is whether they are ABLE to detect it.
    I'm reasonably certain they could.
    The question is whether they ARE detecting it or logging information that can be used to detect it later.

There is of course always the possibility that they are just deliberately letting it slip through the cracks in order to bolster their market share.

8. Mustaaaf

Mustaaaf MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    what is the best activator daz or kms?

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I think that MS is undergoing a shift in their business model, with it being more about the hardware than the software. Many Windows users knock Apple (for various good reasons), but their business model works.
    They make money because of the hardware, and give their OS away for free. Also, let's not forget the Apple Store or Google Play.

As far as Windows 10 activation goes, I'm thinking that the "pay for play" OS will end up going the way of the dodo. A hybrid of Apple, Android, and Linux, Windows 10 might end up becoming the swan. (To Me, it's an ugly duckling right now)

As far as activation goes, only time will tell, but it's looking pretty good for the Daz loader and the various other forms of activation. We won't really know until a year from now when all of these so called "free" upgrades dry up and the real agenda (If any) is shown.

It's been reported in the financial papers that Microsoft owes the IRS almost 1b US in taxes. If you take the perceived value of a Microsoft OS, and multiply it by the number of people they gave it to,
    This move could very well eliminate almost -all- of Microsoft's tax debt.

Then, they wipe the slate clean, and change business models. :)

Steve Balmer has done -MAJOR- damage to Microsofts' coffers. Maybe this is a move to recoup some of those losses, more so than a witch hunt for activation technology. :)

My advice to all of you: Just enjoy the freebie, and don't give yourself a nervous breakdown worrying about it. :)

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. heartbrake

heartbrake MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2013
    In March, Microsoft said that free upgrade offer would extend to pirates, though when after few days Microsoft said the Windows licenses would stay non-genuine and would be unsupported. In May, Microsoft reaffirmed this stance. Also, I just found out that some people were unable to activate windows 10 even after a upgrade from Win 7 daz loader. I think Microsoft is logging all the daz loader info and maybe they will eventually blacklist all of them.

11. swampy

swampy MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    MS wish they could detect Daz Loader, they can't, they have been trying for ages.

12. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    If (1) they can detect Daz loader and (2) know for sure the activation is not legit, why are they not blocking Windows 7 activations already? After all, blocking Windows 7 piracy would be very interesting for them. They want us all on Windows 10.

No, they're not losing their time "detecting it". They're not losing their time and resources "logging info". And no, they will not do anything "later". They want us happily using Windows 10 and buying apps from the Windows store and talking to our friends how Windows 10 is cool.

Yes, some people had problems activating "from Daz" and I've been talking a LOT about the need of an investigation. But since the very beginning I'm saying that such problems have nothing to do with Daz loader.

It's almost this. In fact, they are deliberately don't giving a damn about the pirate upgrades. Of course they cannot say that; you probably have seen what happened at Malwarebytes.

Poor cracks will be caught of course; not even because Microsoft wants it, but because such cracks don't work anyway.

13. rEApEAt

Jan 5, 2011
    They obviously can't say in public that they will cherish the pirates. But this is exactly what they will do.

How could they flag as "pirate" something that they also flag as "genuine"? It just does not make any sense.

Anyway, like MJ said, we will know in a year from now.

14. heartbrake

heartbrake MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2013
    Well as an outsider we can only guess what Microsoft's real agenda is? I mean they could block the pirates after an year or cherish them and let them keep the genuine update. No one on the outside knows for now. One thing I can say that Microsoft do know about Daz loader activations and I think they just don't want to be bothered with people that use these activation tools. When you compare the total no. of users that use windows, I think the people that use genuine versions of windows are the majority. Of course bad cracks and activators get flagged by them but good activators like daz, ms toolkit, kms is something they know about but they're willing to let it slide at the moment.

15. heartbrake

heartbrake MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2013
    What happened at Malwarebytes? Now I'm curious lol.

16. pii

pii MDL Junior Member

Nov 3, 2012
    They know about it and how to kill it but the problem is how they used OEM keys so they can't blacklist them without killing millions of legit users. (or something like that)

If you duel boot win 7 and win 10 then you would know that every time they did a major update to win 10 insider they also deactivated the Win 7 install. So they are well aware of it and how to detect it.

17. Mikorist

Mikorist MDL Member

Dec 26, 2012
    #18 Mikorist, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    They want everything pirate to be legall. That sounds to me like epanded GPL free societies model.

Just missing that they kernel changes in hybrid Unix-like sytem and then they will have unbeatable OS.

And that will exactly gonna happen after they collect enough money from

1.5 billion peoples at Microsoft Store - Bill will buy them all together with their pants(Apple, Android, and Red Hat . . .) :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Mikorist: I agree with you. I've heard it said by some Linux people that Linux would take the world by storm if they had better device support and a unified front with regards to distros, etc.

Perhaps Microsoft is turning it inside out on them. MS already has excellent hardware support and a unified front (GUI). All they need is that expanded GPL free societies model, and they're there. :)

Exactly. Realizing that, and seeing all the PR problems faced by Malwarebytes (Which is a great product, btw) I'm sure that Microsoft does not want to open that can of worms.

:MJ