Win 10 browsers - Which one to use?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jonah Swede, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Jonah Swede

Jonah Swede MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2019
    Hey.

I'v been using Comodo Dragon browser which been working great.
    Its a Chrome open source browser.

I have win 10, but on Comodo help page it says for Win 7. But doesnt give more info.
    I use Dragon, because 6 months ago I started to get a few issues with Chrome. Heavy load and I cant get rid of "bad code" in the browser. Reinstalling didnt help, since its something in your google account where you save passwords/bookmarks etc.

I tested Comodo Dragon since Technet suggested it, and bam, problems gone, and reduced the size of the data my google account saved regarding the browser. Still....nothing was removed.

I am getting unsure regarding Dragon now, cause it seams to have issues updating, and the Chrome://GPU and other chrome reports you can do, shows tooooooons of errors and failed functions. Yet, the browser works fine.

Anyone got any suggestions on what browser I should use for Win 10, 64bit home?

Question 2
    And at the same time, does anyone gave any suggestions for a browser CHECKING TOOL THAT REPAIRS/CHANGES settings. There are sites who tells you whats wrong. But I cant find any tool that actually fixes the browser.

The browser claims it does that itself. With updates and the Chrome "scan for bad stuff in the browser" function. That function does not find everying.

Or any suggestion on a website who checks, tests and can REPAIR/FIX what it finds?

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    For question 1 -- I use the new Chromium based Edge.
    for #2 -- I would bet that those browser-checking tools are BS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jonah Swede

Jonah Swede MDL Novice

Jun 29, 2019
    Chromium based Edge?
    Link? Will it use my google account settings for the browsers bookmarks, passwords, settings etc?
    Why this one?

5. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Aah oke that I did not know that for me it's a faster snappy browser with good build in privacy settings that is why I switched

6. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
  7. bfoos

bfoos MDL Guide Dog

Jun 15, 2008
    I've recently divorced Chrome after many years and have gone back to my first wife... Firefox and haven't looked back.

8. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    I am using Brave since February 2020 and I am happy with it.