Win 10 can't boot into windows Problem...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by timesurfer, Dec 12, 2015.

1. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #1 timesurfer, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Hi, my computer is showing bcd error and can't find device or device driver. I tried to clean install win7 but won't startup repair and requests startup disk or something. Perhaps W10 OS startup disk which I don't have is missing variable with drivers or ability to repair. Should I download techbench W10 and put on USB? Any help?

The error is blah blah 000f or something...lol

So to confirm I have the free techbench W10 32bit and it won't boot into windows :mad:...lol

Did the startup repair with W7 disk also no luck though :eek:

Thanks

:shisha:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Could be a HDD Problem?!

Could you still boot from DVD and/or USB? If you can, I would check with some Tool like Hiren etc. the HDD and may even format it, if it's still impossible to start Windows in any means!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Agree with hard drive issue... maybe too much (conflicting) code going on in boot sector. Nuke (not microwave :tasty: .. but wipe) the drive and start over. If that doesn't fix the issue time for a new HDD. o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #4 timesurfer, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    (OP)
    Not into windows at all. Just W7 startup disk so I'm guessing I maybe need to to rebuild MBR, I dunno but I remember when Daz didn't work we had to do more than startup repair via PE (preinstallation environment) usage of OS media and that worked so maybe I tryi to find those cmds to enter in cmd console in PE

I have no CD to make killdisk and it seems to not want to use media to boot from :eek:

Thanks

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #6 Hadron-Curious, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    You need a bootable installation disc and set the BIOS to boot from external media. Make sure the HDD is well seated and the signal cable is properly inserted in place. A broken cable, bad HDD and bad installation media are the usual culprits.

7. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    For emergencies, I keep a Live USB of Ubuntu or Linux Mint around. When you boot the USB you have access to gparted (disc partitioning/format software) Firefox browser, etc.

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #9 LatinMcG, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    my work around for that win 7 issue is
    reset bios defaults and check boot for legacy, CSM not EFI or secureboot.

if that fails i starts win7 setup on that hdd in a different pc.. then on first reboot i switch it back to laptop
    and it continues to finish setup.

you could always boot repair 7 disk console and type diskpart (enter)
    list disk (enter)
    select disk #(enter)
    clean (Enter)
    reboot win7 setup and retry... if still fails then its likely bios related or chipset not supported and need to slipstream drivers for chipset and sata in the 7 disk or put them in the usb and browse when it asks.

dont forget to post model of mainboard next time you ask for help. could be a simple workaround

Edit: just had a acer V5-122P not want to install from USB win 7 with driver missing prompt.. switched USB plug from the 3.0 to the 2.0 and its working.