Win 10 Enterprise LTSB 1607 and Kaby Lake - any known issues ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Feelgood, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Feelgood

Feelgood MDL Novice

May 19, 2008
    #1 Feelgood, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    We all know that this LTSB edition won´t support Cannon Lake and Coffee Lake. But does it support Kaby Lake properly/completely ?
    Has anyone installed aforementioned edition on a Kaby Lake sys and can tell about his experiences ?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why wouldn't W10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB support a new cpu platform?

At the core it's the same windows as all other 14393.xxx.

Do you have an official non clickbait link to the info?

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I see, but from what i read it's for all current win 10, not only LTSB, but the difference is that normal win 10 will be renewed more frequently then LTSB.

Why don't we never get the official press release from MSFT instead of all those "news" site articles?

4. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Have you noticed how little MS wants to talk about Enterprise and Enterprise LTSB in particular? This may be tin foil conspiracy but they want everyone on win10 Home. They're not even selling Enterprise (LTSB) through normal channels to mere mortals.

LTSB can be trouble for gamers who are accustomed to running the lastest hardware. Nvidia is not going to officially support older builds of win10 for their latest GPUs either. Doesn't matter to me I'm poor ;)

5. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    Hey look. Another of those "LTSB is not optimal for gaming" comment.
    Actually, there is NO difference at all when it comes to gaming. I suggest to stop spreading fake statements like this.
    The drivers made available by Nvidia run on the first windows 10 build until the latest 1607 version, and there are no separate drivers.

Cheers.

6. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    I think you have been misinformed with distorted facts that have been copied and pasted - I'm running a GTX 1060 on LTSB barebone - no issues whatsoever! in fact no disruption while gaming with stupid notifications or background tasks and all updates are disabled, I get full resources playing games.
    see my Kaby Lake desktop photo a few posts above.
    latest Nvidia drivers work really well too and I don't let Windows touch them either!

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I realize the CPU's are not out yet, it's in article, official sources is what: MS there the last ones to tell us anything, look at the news, hardly anything from MS. We rely all the time on leaks, we have to take everything with a grain of salt, has the official sources said Win 10 Home & Pro will one day be a subscription, No but we know it's coming. The bottom line is sometimes leaks are spot on, somes not.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    but as I pointed out the topic is about Kaby Lake CPU's, whatever M$ will do in the future nobody knows for sure and Nvidia billion dollar gaming industry will not do anything that will impact their bottom line, so until then enjoy the freedom of LTSB versions and remember there are always workarounds here on MDL! :cool:

10. Saltyman

Saltyman MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    I wonder what will be the approach for LTSB version. Does Microsoft intends to release a new ISO every year (there's already a 2015 and 2016 ISO)?

11. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  12. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Even if you use LTSB you still can install insider updates. For example I installed the .cab .726 without any issue. But in a normal case it (as already mentioned) it not gets 'feature upgrades'. But it makes no sense at all since you can re-install them manually anyway and who needs such 'features' which are overall only gimmicks and mostly bugged because first revisions. :sneaky:

But back to the topic, I guess it was well answered.

13. Saltyman

Saltyman MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #17 Saltyman, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    I understand that this edition will not receive "feature updates", but still the ISO is updated for the recent changes, right? For example, the LTSB 2016 is in build 1607, which is the Anniversary build, right?

My only fear for LTSB is how it will be in the future. If Microsoft continues to release a new ISO every year (2017, 2018, etc), it's OK for me. You can always maintain a updated system this way, without the risk of incompatibilities with drivers/applications.

14. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Let me try again, LTSB was released in 2015 but was not complete, so they released a version in Oct of 2016. That does not mean they are going to release builds every 1 or 2 years. The above article explains what will be released, well I think it's pretty clear, but that does not mean that do do occurs. :p

15. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    I'm sorry I by no means wish to spread false information to dissuade people from using LTSB it is literally the ONLY win10 that is in any way usable. I'd rather use win2000 than win10 home :) but I did think that was Nvidia's offical stance. Not supported doesn't mean it won't work ofcourse.

I mean I have the creeping suspicion that win10 is just win7 under the shiny paint job and a few tweaks with more monetisation options.