Win 10 Enterprise on 10" Tablet PC=>Bluetooth keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by debin, Sep 19, 2015.

1. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I just install the win 10 Enterprise x86 on my tablet pc.
    Seem like everything work fine, just only my bluethooth keyboard case don´t work, don´t know why.
    My Win 10 do install the Keyboard but in fact i can´t type anything with it. My bluethooth mouse work nice,no Problem with it.
    Any suggestions? :confused:

Regards
    Debin

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

did you check the battery in your keyboard?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    It´s a Akku inside, and yes it´s full. Keybord case is also switch on. :(

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

does it pair with your machine or is it invisible?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    It does pair with my maschine not invistible....it also install the driver. :(

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

check about the protocol which is in use. Some new items only work with V4. Maybe you are on an older one?

7. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Can´t check the Bluethooth Version from the keyboard because it don´t Display on the Manual. But the Manual said that it´s for WIN 8. So, it can´t be that old Version? :confused:

8. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Now i see, the Keyboard have Bluetooth Version 3.0 on Bord....mean don´t work on WIN 10?:(

9. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

I didn't say that this is the cause but it is most probably the reason. had it many times in the past with friend's PCs or tablets

10. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    In case that´s the Problem...how to solve?

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

I don't believe that the protocol in your tablet can be lifted up to a later version by updating the driver though. Try to buy a V4 dongle (~5bucks if that many) or borrow it for test purpose and stick it into one of your USB ports. I did it several times in the past because Bluetooth peripherals get very popular. First figure out what you need, perhaps your dealer assists you

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm pretty sure that versions 2.1 to 4, are backward / forward compatible.

Have you tried removing/ unpairing and then repairing, and also making sure input for keyboard is set in settings under devices, using add device, and checking what driver is installed in device MGR, then looking for a newer driver from the MFG of that device.

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

V 4 is down compatible but no V3 or lower is upbound which is quite logical

14. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Thank you both. In fact i just kick that keybord out now and already order a other model. There is no any new Driver available from the manufacturer. Hope the other model works for me.
    Thank again. :)

Regards
    Debin