Win 10 Enterprise: seeking update / upgrade help

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by drunkturtle, Mar 31, 2018.

1. drunkturtle

drunkturtle MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2016
    Hi all,

I've been sitting for a while on top of a Win10 Enterprise 64-bits ISO - 1607 Edition. I have not used it up to the moment, for lack of the proper hardware to install it on.

I'll have access to a new desktop in a few weeks and would like to install this ISO there whenever possible. However I've just stumbled into www-dot-windowslatest-dot-com/2018/03/14/microsoft-will-end-support-windows-10-anniversary-update-10th-april [sorry, I'm not yet qualified to post a proper URL] , and I'm not fully sure how to react since this end-of-support will likely happen before the new computer becomes available to me.

I've searched & browsed MDL a lot, trying to find directions for obtaining a newer Win10 Enterprise ISO. All I could find were LTSBs / Insider Previews / 90-day evaluation editions, none of which would seem useful to me. If possible, I'd like to stick to the Enterprise edition, for a variety of reasons.

I'd rather not start searching right away for untrusted / alternative / torrent editions, so I think my next option would be installing 1607 and try to bring it up to 1709 or something more recent that might come up this April.

It seems to me that the official Windows Update would be the WORST way of tackling this (apart from the fact that it might just stop working for 1607 after April 10). So I'm asking for suggestions on the best tool(s) for this. WHDownloader ? Wsusoffline ? Any Win 10 equivalents to KUC or Simplix ?

Thx everybody !

2. drunkturtle

drunkturtle MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2016
    Great ! Downloading already .:D
    1 bird in hand vs. 2 birds in-flight ... I'm certainly not 'just' waiting ! :cool: ... but I'll keep an eye on 1803 for sure.

Now, I was under the [WRONG] impression that this kind of links were currently off-limits in MDL ... :censored: ...but I'm guilty of not coming to visit here often enough, in order to be more in touch with the parties !!! :party_time:

Cheers m8 :shisha: