WIN 10 HOME 64 BIT TO PRO 32 BIT

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by lostpassword, Oct 22, 2017.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I am sure this has been answered before, but would be very grateful if I could have a simple solution if possible, or a link to the answer already on this forum. I do find quite a lot hard to understand, and I am very grateful for the help I get.

It is a DELL ULTRABOOK that I bought secondhand. It had 64 bit HOME activated and licenced.
    It does not have a CD drive, so I created an install WIN10 32 Bit PRO USB Pendrive with RUFUS.
    All went fine, until I tried to activate with Microsoft Toolkit. The error said that KMS acvtivation is not possible on this machine.
    I suspect it is because there is a HOME 64 BIT key, and activation already in in the BIOS.
    SLMGR shows 3 licences installed, but none working ? (may not be exact message, but that is what I understood)
    One shows the normal 1001 rearm count, but not valid activation.

I want to change back to 32 bit, as I still use DOS apps. Pro is better as it has Bitlocker which I use.

If this cannot be resolved, will just reinstalling 64 bit Home restore the Activation etc. I do not want to do this, but may have no choice.
    Many thanks

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Did you try to use @abbodi1406's KMS_VL_ALL v17? https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...pro-and-office-2013.49686/page-76#post-838808
    Please don't use any of the unknown kms clones out there.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Keys are not specific to arch, 32 or 64 will activate with the same key

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Sadly MTK is not really updated for a while now, the KMS_VL_ALL solution i linked at, is.

You also could try to establish a free HWID for Pro on the system.

5. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks very much. I have now successfully Activated with your suggestion. I was not sure what to run, but KMS_vl_all.cmd worked.
    I think this is just for 180 days, but I can renew when needed, bit like the old days. I have not tried to Activate WIN10 before, as I installed WIN7 and DAZ Loader. The other computers had CD drives. This laptop only has 128 gig SSD, and I was trying to save disk space. I used MicrosoftToolkit from here to Activate OFFICE2016 without any problems. No idea that MSTOOLKIT was no longer the one to use.
    All the best

6. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #7 Nucleus, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    No. With abbodi's KMS VL All, KMS functionality is as normal, and will renew every seven days (KMS Activation Renewal default). Once installed forget it (unless you want to remove it/change KMS default parameters) See Brief Explanation link in my sig.

Tech explanation by qad on how his patcher works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    KMS_VL_ALL.cmd doesn't do the renewal, only when you first run: 1-SppExtComObjPatcher.cmd and next run: 2-Activate-Local.cmd, then it will autorenew its activation.

Readme:
    Code:
    # To install this solution for auto renewal activation, run these scripts respectively:

1-SppExtComObjPatcher.cmd
    install/uninstall the Patcher Hook.

2-Activate-Local.cmd
    activate installed supported products. (you must run it at least once).
    you may need to run it again if you installed Office product afterwards.

================================================================
    # To just activate without installing and without renewal, run this script only:

KMS_VL_ALL.cmd

you will need to run it again before the activation period expire (6 months default).

8. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I use SENSIBLE SOLUTION, which was one of the first 4GLs. I think I started using it in around 1985, having used Silicon Office successfully before. Silicon Office was £600 per PC, whilst SENSIBLE SOLUTION was around £250 per PC. Frightening to think how much that is in today's money. I get £811 from THISISMONEY website. I never got into DBASE as that was harder to learn.

I still use SS for my financial database, as it has never failed me in 34 years. I know our younger members will laugh, but DOS would only allow user access to certain fields,and was very foolproof. It doesn't half run quickly on a decent PC. I did a train time database this week, which will calculate journeys for me. I just put in the time I would like to leave, and it checks all options, and also does return from any station on line in either direction. Very hard to work out manually.
    Can print nice little customised timetables etc. I simply cannot use a smartphone, as keyboard and screen are way too small for me. If you want SS for your archive let me know. Just runs, no dongle needed!

9. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks very much, most helpful.

10. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #11 Nucleus, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. maestrosir

maestrosir MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Sorry for stupid question, but what is wrong with Microsoft Toolkit? It can activate Fall Creators Update! Why I shouldn't use it any more?

12. maestrosir

maestrosir MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Anyone?

13. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    If it works, use it, I do

14. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I think it was me who was wrong, and I did not try vDos for very long. Pleased to say WIN10 PRO 32 bit now running like a dream. Used Paragon Partition Manager 15 to give me a separate area for my data. Sensible Solution is also working perfectly. Love the little Dell Ultrabook. Feels very well made.

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I doubt it if he gets anything for racism. You will only suffer consequences if you say you like MS, or post a common phrase used throughout the world. One that isn't even insulting to anyone.

16. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #17 ancestor(v), Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Dear Enthousiast, dear Nucleus!

Would it be possible for you two to finally ignore each other? Or even better: sort out your differences via PM or any other means of communication outside the public forum? The goal is to have no more public conflicts.

I don't want to take any sides and I don't want to read a big load of posts to know who said what and when etc. It is difficult to sort these things out and I don't see why it should be necessary to have an admin or other staff member to do some kindergardening ... forgive me my choice of words, but having a look at the recent events it feels a bit like that.

So: get along finally, either by sorting it out or by ignoring each other. Thank you for your cooperation.

PS:
    How dare you! Instant perma-ban! ;)

17. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Addendum: please stop using insults, especially in combination with nationalities. You can call it racism if you need a label, in the end the label doesn't matter. It's and insult and we don't want that here.

18. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    usually the key appear in battery cell
    remove the battery and see if u see the oem key there