Win 10 > Me :-(

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jaladhjin, Feb 28, 2015.

1. jaladhjin

jaladhjin MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    So I've installed Windows 10 a total of 5 times now.. on 3 machines..

4 of those times all was well. .2 of the machines are still running it.. no worries..

This 5th time.. was last night.. I installed.. loaded it up & tried to install programs..

The UAC came up & instead of being able to click yes like I have on all the others.. it said something about Enter an Administrator Password then click yes..

There was no field to type in.. & I did not setup a user password during installation..

wtf ?

This is not the first time I've installed build 9926 either :-/

I've got a flash drive I've used for the installations.. not sure what's going on with this 1 install.. on a machine I've done the other 2 installations on without this issue :-(

2. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    there is something you got to know, this is just a preview/beta stage of the OS.
    If you wanna something complete, please install Windows ME.

3. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    What for bulls**t is this ? :rolleyes: ME was crap too

4. jaladhjin

jaladhjin MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    So let me be certain I understand you..

You think not being able to install anything at all.. nothing.. 0 programs..

Is a "beta bug" ?

Are you using Windows 10 ?

Can you install anything ? Any program at all ?

He's being condescending suggesting I use a "stable" operating system ;-)

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    W10TP is just an OS still in Alpha Stage, even NOT Beta!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. magnus33

magnus33 MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Ironically shockingly solid even compared to some of their final releases in the past.

7. brownimfc

brownimfc MDL Senior Member

Jan 25, 2015
    I was one of the fortunate one where ME worked perfectly well on my hardware, my friends PCs, totally different story!

8. jaladhjin

jaladhjin MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    Be that as it may..

Are you using it ?

Can you install anything ? even VLC.. WinRAR.. anything ?

I cannot.. which is strange.. since it's the 1st install of 5 I haven't been able to :p

9. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

have u tried to d\l a fresh copy burn it to a ISO.....u mite have a corrupted copy.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Yes, I use the latest Buils an my Laptop's 2. HDD with very little, not serious problems! All installed fine incl. WinRAR, VLC, RAdmin, LiteManager, Dragon 12, PaintNet and many others.

There's an possibility that you get some problems because of other connected hardware devices. To test that, disconnect ALL of them include Printers, Scanners, NAS, etc. etc. and also disconnect all other HDD's and drive except the HDD used for the W10TP install. That will help to get around device problems. Also, update the BIOS of your MB to the latest available, that's in many cases a must! May you need to update the BIOS/Firmware of the Graphic Card as well. May check with Guru3D about that. Intel internal NIC's may forcing problems too! If that's the case, disable the NIC in BIOS and install an PCI or PCIX NIC for to use, check upfront for compatibility problems!

Newer Hardware shouldn't be a problem, that install problems mostly are related to older hardware. What you'd disconnected for install of W10, after finish re-connect one by one for to find out which may forced that problems and still do!

Hope that could help you a bit.

Note: never forget to compare the SHA Checksum of your ISO with the original! That's the first action which you should start upfront at any installation of an OS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...