Win 10 not remembering any view settings at all

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MrMagic, Sep 20, 2015.

1. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    All of a sudden, a couple days ago, Win 10 keeps forgetting every single view setting I choose, Desktop and Folder view settings all switch back to default as soon as I refresh the desktop or close the folder

If I move my desktop icons to the right, then hit refresh, they jump back to the left

If I make a folder full of files show thumbnails, then close and reopen that folder, they are back to small icons again

Any ideas how to fix it before I refresh?

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Did a system restore to before the problem, all working well again

3. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    I've noticed weird little things/bugs like this myself in Win10...like suddenly Reader won't open a .pdf, or just this morning I was using a CLI Window & pasting various commands and running them, and suddenly I could no longer copy & paste to the CLI prompt...! In the first instance a reboot fixed it, in the second instance just changing the font size for the CLI window fixed the problem. On my wife's Win10 machine, suddenly a DOSbox startup sequence that had been running fine--just stopped working for no apparent reason that I could find--causing me to pull my hair out--I even copied it all to my Win10 box--where it ran perfectly! Get this...the next day after a reboot of my Wife's box and no further changes--it ran perfectly--just like it should have...!

I'm glad you mentioned this because I am going to do some feedback to Microsoft on this right now. This may have something to do with the memory compression begun in 10532. Actually, though...come to think of it, my wife is still on RTM. Must be something else, then...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nicesoni_ash

nicesoni_ash MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2008
    #4 nicesoni_ash, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    I am afraid some latest windows updates were the reason of this issue 'cause I saw many others having this same issue including myself. I am going to restore my windows 10 to that stage where I didn't have these updates installed too till Microsoft release some new updates to fix this issue.

Edit:
    Ok, I would like to correct myself. It looks like this issue isn't related to any windows update but some software I updated. My guess is it's Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager v1.0.2. I have it's previous version installed and so far so good, problem started once I updated it to this version. I restored my pc again to it's previous state and so far I haven't updated to this version and things are pretty good.. :)