Win 11 Boot And Upgrade FiX KiT

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

1. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    Why makes it simple when you can make it complex ? Isn't it? For my own usage, I open the iso image with ultra iso and delete the sources/appraiserres.dll file. In fact, i just "played" with the cmd script to convert it to PowerShell.It was a good exercice when trying the ugly For /f and finding the way to use oscdimd.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I am not going to engage in this discussion again but i just ask why some heavily skilled coders only whine about a tool they want to fork or over complicate after a dumb nitwit like me first creates a perfectly working tool, which simply works for many, many, many people, from scratch?

3. +1 with Enthy. Even he dont like my comment on any of his thread even then i cant stop myself supporting his last comment.

4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Now you're bitter again.
    does not work
    We are human beings, we strive for perfection. And while we usually never reach that, small steps towards it never hurt.
    Why Dynamic Updates are quite important with Windows 11 I don't need to talk about.
    I actually promoted the usage in MCT for Windows 10 ever since 1904x builds, since microsoft greatly improved the feature and it no longer breaks upgrades (as much as before).
    Now, Microsoft has done the next step forward.
    I agree with their vision - have a set-it-and-forget-it base iso / dvd / usb, and only update it when actually launching setup.
    Life is too short and energy is getting more expensive to run esd / uup converter scripts or download new iso's every other week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. I like Bau Snippets but what i dont like is all his scripts are heavily coded so that others will see via editing it in notepad what that functions script is performing . must be clean scripted code to make learn others too. Even he also dont like my comment on any of his comments or posts even then i cant stop myself writing this.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes i am, in the past non coders where ignored, not taken seriously, now some show initiative to learn simple coding and create original working tools, and then the coders have to show their supremacy?

The tool works fine with dynamic updates, just don't select to download drivers and updates at upgrade setup. properly created ISOs will contain all files from the du, only the appraiserres.dll is replaced.

7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    What can I say, I've won couple 64K contests in another life. But seriously, snippets need to be concise self-contained and copy-paste friendly, not bloated in any way because the main purpose is to be integrated in other scripts. Other than how to call it to get the job done, there's not much need for a pdf describing every character.
    It's true that I go above and beyond to keep the line count short. It's also true that it takes a bit of effort to break it down, but that's easy just following the language punctuation ; {} etc.
    It might seem as obfuscated to the untrained eye - but it's not. It's just syntactic sugar abuse.
    I find it more convenient to focus and get the gist of it on a 13 lines snippet than a dozens of pages white space bloated script that you have to continuously scroll to grasp it
    And looking forward, check out Terminal in Windows 10. Try to copy-paste a large script and AWE in disgust at the modal prompt ;)

Now, please be reasonable. Nobody is trying to supremacy anything, but just to help others with the personal knowledge and hard work. Steam engines, combustion engines, electrical engines - there's just collective improvements to address a human need. Same with the TPM bypass - "yours" does not really work everywhere (some would say - in key areas), so there is still a need for a solution to work where "yours" does not. And speaking of "yours" I should tell you that other people have independently come up with workarounds, but I will give you that at least on MDL, the crown is really yours! and I'm not trying to take it away

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. I am out cuz theres make no sensre of discussing it more & make this thread a way full of useless comments ie we can say irrellevant.

9. purpleman2k

purpleman2k MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Deleting the dll worked, allows me to install. Thank you!

10. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    The os of my pc is windows 10 enterprise 19044.1237.
    I created isos based on 22000.71, 22000.184 and 22000.194 with the script : all upgrade trials failed (no tpm module, processor not supported).
    The only succeeding way was to delete the appraiserres.dll.
    What did i wrong?

11. Outbreaker

Outbreaker MDL Senior Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I have not tested this on Windows 11, but on Windows 10 this ei.cfg entry below will not work for Windows Team.
    Code:
    [Channel]
    _Default

[VL]

12. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    #392 scaramonga, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    And so, human nature kicks in. All arguing about who done what, and who done it best? :) Welcome to 2021!, and 2022 will certainly not be any better ;) Thank you to 'ALL' who provide these scripts/tools, but I do wish it was like the '3D printing' scene, where everyone builds upon each others efforts, and thus uses whatever they see fit, without coming to loggerheads, as to who done what and/or why?

It's 'petty', as the common goal for 'ALL', is exactly the same. To defeat MS and their nonsense restrictions, now that is what we really should be arguing about ;)

Just my 2c.

13. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Enthousiast, your toolkit worked for me today. Installed Windows 11 Pro on a Gigabyte FX motherboard with an FX-8350 CPU, worked like a charm, using Win11 now. Chose option #1, wanted to use a Windows 10 ISO lol. Thank you!

14. bisdak4920

bisdak4920 MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    For me the easiest way to try Windows 11 (Dev or Beta) without any modification of the ISO is to use an internal SSD and install Windows 11 as WINDOWS TO GO using Rufus. Boot from the external SSD and it will work like a charm. You may need to enroll to windows insider offline to get updates. Performance wise it is comparable to an internal SSD.

15. Outbreaker

Outbreaker MDL Senior Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I hope we can also find a less hacky way to disable this TPM/SecureBoot requirements.

16. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    Deal with it, not only bau do it
    Just play with it and see how it work
    Hard work paid in the end

17. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how his wmic failed to return the value? Is this any kind of common problem?
    If this is not a common problem, does it make sense to replace it with a powershell line? Do they both reference the registry?
    I'm not implying anything. I'm just curious and trying to learn. If you don't know any or all of these answers, that's fine.

18. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    In fact i'm not sure that the wmic was executed; even an empty result sould return something like "__. A powershell line looks smarter but introduces overhead; however one can imagine that powershell and wmic use the same information provided by windows. Sorry, I can't telle you more.

19. pc71520

pc71520 MDL Junior Member

Feb 12, 2013
    AMEN! :worthy:

20. chil

chil MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    About the Secure Boot requirement...

The Windows 11 System Requirements page links to another article regarding the Secure Boot requirement which says this as the last sentence:

"While the requirement to upgrade a Windows 10 device to Windows 11 is only that the PC be Secure Boot capable by having UEFI/BIOS enabled, you may also consider enabling or turning Secure Boot on for better security."

So you don't actually have to enable Secure Boot? Am I reading this right?