Win 11 Boot And Upgrade FiX KiT

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

1. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    @snofte A portion of your question is for the Rufus thread, not here.
    The other portion is kinda confused. Yes, confusED, not confusING. You're quoting a person who asked what to do AFTER using this win11 fix kit. That has nothing to do with how Rufus' "win 11 option" works, since the iso image is already modified and covers BOTH scenarios(upgrade and clean install).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. snofte

snofte MDL Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Interesting behaviour
    English language can be confusing for foreigners. Looked up dictionary : Confusing and Confused can be used to describe the same nouns. I have looked up the definitions of both of the terms only to find that they are indistinguishable. In Oxford Learner's Dictionary,
    As to rufus vs mdl-fix: Thought ajak31 wanted i discussion rufus vs mdl-fix. But you dont have to mock me if I misunderstood.

3. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Ok. Let's do it this way:
    You're already mentioning another tool, which has a fundamentally different purpose, even if it has some magical option baked into it.
    Again, if you have a question about Rufus, why are you here instead of the Rufus thread?
    If you're quoting a person who just wants to create a bootable media with an already modified iso, what is the connection between his/her question and your issue with Rufus? If you're using an already modified iso(fix kit), there's no reason to further modify the install media with other methods. People made something work, you don't need to "make it work" again...

In the end, don't look for problems where there are none and don't rush to wrong conclusions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. snofte

snofte MDL Member

Jan 10, 2013
    I am afraid you have misunderstood. I was in the mdl-fix thread because I wanted to give honours to the mdl-fix
    which is amazing, can handle both clean installs and upgrades. As oposed to rufus which seems only to
    handle clean installs. And I never suggested trying to modify an already "fixed" iso ("double-fix"), both
    my mentioned cases referred to an original (non-fixed" iso. Think we should stop here.
    Conclusion: MDL-fix is best !!!!

5. Shortyportuguese

Shortyportuguese MDL Senior Member

Apr 3, 2019
    I agree that the MDL tools are the best, @abbodi1406 scrips are insanely good, @Enthousiast also do a breathtaking work keeping organized threads @luzea have a very organized directory with the latest ISO'S for download, @Yen and @Carlos Detweiller are great admins, @Serg008 is the King of BIOSes and many others bright minds here on the forum... And the noteworthiest thing here is the spirit to help each other, do not matter who...
    That is my humble opinion, and I consider myself a newbie here.
    @snofte Your profile picture suggest me a Santaclaus blended with Rambo version... STRONG! :)

6. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    I agree, MDL fix is best. Create the iso and create un USB disk with this tool form MDL :
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...secure-boot-bios-install-wim-over-4-gb.79268/
    No need for third party software

7. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    #707 NICK@NUMBER11, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    as a test i created using 2.2 and running ISO created within windows (upgrade) seems to say ..

Attached Files:

8. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    that's normal

9. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    Indeed, you are a perfectionist; to go futher, you could optimize install.win (but resources consuming) !
    PS. : i remarked you don't like if else block. I suggest moving the ei.cfg thing before the :Win11Lang label :
    Code:
    echo.
    IF "%EI_CFG_ADD%" NEQ "1" (
    echo ============================================================
    ECHO You have chosen to NOT copy the generic EI.CFG file.
    ECHO.
    echo ^(If exists, the original file will remain on the ISO^)
    ECHO.
    ) else (
    echo.
    echo Copying the generic ei.cfg to the work dir...
    echo ^(If exists, the original file will be renamed to EI.CFG.Ori^)
    echo.
    IF EXIST "WORK\Sources\EI.CFG" ren "WORK\Sources\EI.CFG" "EI.CFG.Ori"
    COPY /Y "Files\EI.CFG" "WORK\Sources\"
    echo.
    )

10. ajak31

ajak31 MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2008
    Thanks for letting me know of this. I tried this today using build 22494 and successfully clean install my old pc without TPM using the amazing tool Win 11 Boot And Upgrade FiX KiT v2.2 and the easy to use tool in creating USB bootable media Win10 Setup Disk 2.4.

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Hold yer horses, did I miss something? I am certainly not an admin here (not even a Mod), lol.

12. ImpetuousRacer

ImpetuousRacer MDL Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I run option 2, then I run the "fixed" ISO but it says "Windows Server Setup" instead of Windows 11 Setup. Is that normal? Will it install Windows 11 still?

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's expected and normal.

14. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Something many people are apparently missing in this thread: this fix kit DOES NOT change install.wim/esd in any way shape or form, at all. In other words, the "fixed" iso you're creating WILL ONLY install what you have/have put inside said file. If you have Windows 69, well, you're installing Windows 69. :]

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It now actually does, since v2.2 it utilizes UFWS 1.4, which modifies the install.wim/esd.

Changelog:

16. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    I didn't read again... my bad.
    I'm still semi-right, tho - the info is changed, the index itself is still the same.:tooth:

17. ioiobaiana

ioiobaiana MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2012
    Boot.wim seems to be only added to "disk parts and applied images", but I can't find anything that avoids the "minimum requirement"?

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The install.wim/esd gets slightly modified to circumvent the requirements.

19. ioiobaiana

ioiobaiana MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2012
    Before install.wim starts, it is booted in boot.wim. Therefore, the check of "minimum requirements" cannot be avoided next to the keyboard selection screen at the beginning of the installation.
    Why doesn't "boot.wim" need a fix for "uws" in "install.wim"?