Win 11 Boot And Upgrade FiX KiT

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

Yea it seems a lot of att in your comments for enthy. seems like you are disappointed by him in your first comment & from there onwards att started to play its role. must work on it.

Doesnt seem good in the comment of an expert or an old IT player.
    Is it if i am wrong anyhwere.

1. foo3495

foo3495 MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Do You practice daily to be an arse !!

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah agreed being rude it is

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    It's probably backwards at this point. @Enthousiast has more experience than I do, at least with regards to finding the various tools on this board. He knows where to look and what to look for.
    Since the Win11 leak stuff hit. I've been very active and looking around and when people have questions he almost instantly knows where to find the answers and links them for people.
    You might not think that is a big deal if you always know what people are talking about, but when people bring up very obscure questions or claims, it's impressive.

Anyway I don't think I crossed any kind of line. I wanted to help him fix a problem that I noticed on his script. I was a bit more pushy about it than I would have liked, which is why I tried to make amends. Like I told him, I'm having health problems in recent days. I actually had a serious attitude problem IMO a few years back, where I was pretty openly disrespectful towards certain users. I wasn't confronted by a mod or admin or anything, but taking some time off and recalibrating my life and personal philosophy and the way I treat people was altered. I don't talk about my personal life on this board, but I guess you could say some things are changing and I've been aging into a mature middle aged man instead of just a young man. I have a grown daughter who is a game dev. I would love nothing more than to talk about her but due to the nature of the stuff on this board it could jeopardize her job in some way.

4. Mellipes

Mellipes MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2021
    As a veteran of too many forums and groups, simple comment - "Misunderstandings happen - Nothing to see here, move on people"

5. Pl dont mind my words as i see suspect n shared my views nothing personal after all both are unknown to me even they dont care to know cuz why should they care but most imp is to work upon if anybody said something .
    I am again saying nothing is personal.
    i am sorry if i got angry too cuz i saw a disrespect on other community regarding enthy awesome work he did for win11 boot kit . seems if they were in front i might have slapped them tightly .

Not Related to MDL Or Our Community :
    For those who create trolls of somebody doing hard for community who must be given respect but those trollers cant do anything & jealous thats the main reason they tried there level best to troll a respectfull person who is doing very hard day n night only for community nothing for his own benefits.

6. Ussovak

Ussovak MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2017
    “ It's hard enough to find an error in your code when you're looking for it; it's even harder when you've assumed your code is error-free.”

7. TheUmart

TheUmart MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2018
    thanks a lot,it's a only way to find .dll that works for in place upgrade!

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    So true. It's like a blindness and you only see what you'd expect, not what's actually there. Sleeping over it sometimes fixes that.

9. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    But not all tools will work :)

e.g. wimlib-imagex will fail to load libwim-15.dll
    findstr will have issues

10. skonka

skonka MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2012
    I know its a waste just to comment to say thank you but thank you because this script (V 1.5) helped me add Windows 11 to an 11yr old desktop (4Gb RAM) and laptop.
    Shocking.

11. eemuler

eemuler MDL Senior Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Perhaps a better tutorial for the Diskpart and apply image is in order - or the script should detect and list partitions on the selected drive so that the user can select the desired partition on which the Windows image will be applied. The default settings cleaned my entire drive, including my backup partition. No harm done in my case - I had backed up everything to an external drive - but others might not be so lucky.

12. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011
    Thanks Enthousiast.

Tried with option 1. Today installed on an old laptop (2011). Installed and configured.
    The only problem was changing my disk from MBR to GPT. :clap::clap3::worthy:

13. aliaz

aliaz MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    What I did:
    Downloaded kit.
    Created Win 11 ISO using UUP files.
    Downloaded win 10 latest ISO.
    Put respective ISOs in sources folder.
    Ran Boot and Upgrade kit as admin. Nothing happens.
    Without admin, nothing happens.

Do i need to install additional files (dotnet framework?).

14. ultimate_live

ultimate_live MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2011

Hasn´t been created a new ISO? Did you choose option 1?

15. RuKaDa

RuKaDa MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2010
    I am trying to use the Boot and Upgrade Fix Kit 1.7 running the cmd as an Administrator with option 2 selected and despite the ISO file is created I am getting the "...Access is denied." messages...

C:\Mount_Temp\Windows\WinSxS - Access is denied.
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Am I doing something wrong or can I just ignore them

16. markanini

markanini MDL Novice

May 14, 2010
    What's the potential of getting "timebombed" by windows updates?

17. RuKaDa

RuKaDa MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2010
    After 3rd unsuccessful attempts with option 2, I have tried with option 1 and now everything went without any kind of errors, time to deploy it on my Dell.

18. aliaz

aliaz MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    Command doesn't run on double click.

19. JuliusB

JuliusB MDL Member

Feb 25, 2018