Win 7 32 activation ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bchat, Nov 7, 2008.

1. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Two days ago I came across a site with about 10 Win 7 keys posted and a "First come first served" note added. I used one of the keys, was told it was already in use, and was given the ''activate by phone" option. That worked fine and Win 7 was activated.

Next day, I formatted the drive, yes - by mistake - I never knew the drugs I did back in the late 60s/early 70s would have such a long range effect:eek:

I now have Win 7 re-installed, have spent the last 12 hours looking for the site with the keys - no luck. I would appreciate any help available in this matter.

This is my first post here, so now I'll go look around and familiarize myself with the site. Yes, I probably should have done that first - please see above comment about the 60s and 70s.;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jdoshier

jdoshier MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2008
    EDIT by ancestor(v):
    Link removed. Please see global announcement.

Untested by me. Good luck.

:)

3. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    That is exactly what I was looking for, now to see if it still works - thanks a lot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Tested by me - looking good - THANKS

5. alstein

alstein MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2008
    So, you actually called to activate?

6. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I entered one of the keys from the page mentioned above, was told the number was in use and I could try to activate by phone. Called the number listed for my area, got an automated activation system, followed instructions and it worked.

7. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    awesome good deal. Anyone have any links on the activation differences between Vista and Windows 7

8. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I am not sure there is much difference. At the end of my phone activation it said something about activating VISTA, not Windows 7. I ran Belarc Advisor on this drive, shows the OS as Windows Vista Ultimate. I have build 6801, very similar to Vista.