win 7 64 bit bsod's

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robbo1958, Jul 11, 2011.

1. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    #1 robbo1958, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
    Sorry if in wrong place.

hi all, got a prob thats bugging the hell out of me, built a new pc around xmas last, with following specs

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (Downloaded from link from here) installed on date below, had 32 bit since xmas.

CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4
    Deneb 45nm Technology

RAM
    4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 439MHz (6-6-6-15)

Motherboard
    ASRock N68C-GS UCC (CPUSocket)44 °C

Graphics
    Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x1024@70Hz)
    ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series (XFX Pine Group)46 °C

Hard Drives
    313GB FUJITSU MAXTOR S TM3320820AS SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
    313GB Seagate ST332062 0AS SCSI Disk Device (ATA)

Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L SCSI CdRom Device
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L SCSI CdRom Device

Audio
    ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    Installation Date: 29 June 2011, 20:25
    Serial Number: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

As you can see i am running 64bit OS and its not been installed a month yet, but every day i am getting BSOD's all the bloody time at different times of the day, i have done all the latest drivers for all the stuff i have and all are up to date, CPU is unlocked and oc'd to 4.20g even if it's stock i am still getting BSOD's for different things one time it might be fltmgr or ndis or win32k so as u can see it's not the same thing every time.

So would it be the copy of win7 or is it something else?? Have searched the web for answers but their doesn't seem to be a fix for this.

Oh this never happened when i had 32bit version installed at all and nothing has changed in the machine.

so can anyone shed any light or has any one else had/have this problem too.

TIA.

2. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010

Hi acrsn, i have installed same disc twice, at stock and oc'd errors still occur!
    MSDN not sure what this is, got disc from link on here cant remember which one tho sorry.
    Using dazloader 2.0.2 for both machine one 32bit one 64bit.
    PSU is 850watt cooler master abt 4months old.
    RAM is at stock speeds.

tia

3. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    Temps are all fine m8 all within normal prams, yes same loader on 32.

SW was the same as when had 32 installed.

Will check the link and see if anything pops up their, thanks for the replies.:thumbsup:

4. Julius

Julius MDL Junior Member

Aug 2, 2009
    I would venture say it is the ram is giving you problems.
    try your bios at optimized default settings as a start.
    use the specs from the ram manufacturer for the timings and voltage. you may even have to under clock the timings somewhat..
    I run the phenom 965BE overclocked myself. also went with a bios mod from here.. works like gold..:thumbsup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    @julius, thing is m8 why would the ram give me probs now that i have 64 bit installed and nowt when i had 32 bit installed wouldn't i get the same probs with either OS installed and not just one?

I will try the ram as u say and see what happens then, ta for the reply.

6. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Stock speed or not, that doesn't mean your RAM is not at fault. I tried for a long time in different PC's to get a certain performance DDR2 1066 RAM to work (G.Skill) and it just couldn't be done. It was so picky that I tried everything but never attained stability. Kicker is: when I had WinXP 32-bit installed I never had problems with it, but when I moved to Win7 (32- and/or 64-bit) the display crashed started to happen -- but my Video card was not at fault (because I've been using it and use it now, but with different RAM). So 1+1 is not always 2 when diagnosing things. Well, it is, but you may not have know it was actually 1.3 + 1.2 = 2.5, but you though it must be 2 ;)

7. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    i think all who mentioned the ram may be right, just tried to reboot couple of times and it took forever so i checked the performance tab in taskmgr showed me 4gig of ram but only 256 meg usable, so am gonna try the mem one at a time and see what happens, but will do that tomoz will keep you informed.

night all!

8. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    well it wasn't the ram as mentioned changed the Mushkin4gig for Corsair so am gonna try and install to another HD and see if the prob persists, if it does i think ill give up and go back to 32bit never had any probs with that what so ever.

Ta for all replies tho.

9. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010
    So what are you saying about changing out the RAM? You have tested the other RAM on that PC with 64-bit Win7 successfully in the past, or? If you have certain RAM (like performance RAM) you can't just stick it in there, you'd have to adjust timings and voltages, etc., so just putting different sticks in there doesn't necessarily mean anything. Or are you saying that you still suffer from BSOD's, and this is the case with both types of RAM? Did you run single stick of both to see? Etc...

10. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009

Hi, This May Sound A bit stupid but during my building times I have encountered the same error and found the problem to be my Windows 7 Install Disc Just A Suggestion if All else fails try burning a new install disc

goodluck... hopefully you fix this problem of yours

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. robbo1958

robbo1958 MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2010
    @trinket, the ram was put in the machine xmas last as a new build for 32bit win7 ran for 6 months with this OS without one hickup, as soon as i stuck 64 on same machine thats when i started getting probs with BSOD's ran memtest several time together and as single sticks np occurred when tested, rebooted machine as i said in post 10 took for ever to get anywere, so i swapped it for corsair ram, put that in machine and same prob, 4gig on machine but only 256meg usable, so i reinstalled on another hdd and all is fine again, so i formatted the other HDD that had 64 on the first time round, but now i get a different error when cold starting with new install on new HDD + old HDD + 2 Sata DVD's i get Bootmger is missing, but if i unplug old HDD and reboot its fine so can only put the previous error down to faulty HDD taking so long in booting, but still cant understand the loss of all the mem!.

@vladxed666, i did reinstall m8, all good so far xfingers. :)

12. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Well Congratz... Hope It Stays That Way.....