Win 7 became unactivated and cant reactivate?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by misteromar, Dec 6, 2009.

1. misteromar

misteromar MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    I installed Windows 7 and used daz loader to activate, every thing went perfect.

Now a couple weeks on and I discovered it is no longer activated, I am unsure what caused it.

I have done a few things to my PC,

I started using MSE for virus protection.
    I deleted xp from dual booting.
    I made a new partition and installed Fedora.

I have tried reactivating with daz loader again, but it says "unable to achieve required system access. I also tried Hazar loader and My Digital Activator, but these run and will change OEm branding etc, but fail to activate Windows 7 and remains in trial period.

I have 19 days left and would much appreciate any advice.

2. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Not to just be another troll like those PS3 fanboys to any 360 topics, but you should consider modding your BIOS.
    It really is safe if you follow the steps, and it is a permanent solution to activation. Plus, some loaders have been reported to be rejected by WAT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. misteromar

misteromar MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    #3 misteromar, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    When you installed fedora could it have killed the loader? I would be that is the cause.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    DAZ's loader has never been blocked by WAT. It may fail due to hardware incompatibility. Don't make false statements about loaders being blocked when it hasn't happened.

6. misteromar

misteromar MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2009
    I dont think its hardware or it would not have worked before on the exact same hardware. No disrespect to Daz and his loader, these guys are very smart and make great loaders.

I think you are correct because Fedora installs its own bootloader, called "grub" None of the loaders must work with this loader and probably only target windows loader which is why I was fine when I only dual booted xp/win 7.

I will just cruise along with WAT removed until I know enough about BIOS mod, which hopefully will be a more permanent solution.

7. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Most of the loaders are based on grub too.

What happened is probably that your Fedora installation replaced the modified grub with the original grub, which means now you dont have anything that loads the SLIC into memory.

A BIOS mod is probably your best bet in this situation as then it wont matter what bootloader youre using...

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Installing Fedora or any Linux OS can break activation via GRUB based loaders. The way to fix it is to install the loader and then use a program such as EasyBCD to organize your boot menu.

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanx Daz!

I installed Ubuntu 9.10 after W7 and having activated it I have W7 functioning and it still is activated...

But I couldn't change the booting sequence [to W7 as default OS] from within Ubuntu, with any Grub editor I tried.

I will try the one you suggested now... ;)

Cheers!