Win 7 downloads will not install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by khrsquire, Mar 10, 2010.

1. khrsquire

khrsquire MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    Hi I have 3 versions of win 7 which I dld and each one allowed me to install and use I then returned to XP due to some difficulties with programmes and audio. Now have
    suitable sound card for Win7. Now, neither of the 7 discs will install and each, despite the fact that I used them previously, tell me that some of the files are missing or corrupt, including one I dld today by Hobbes65?? help!!! thx

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If your using RTM then check hash and you can always use the windows 7 xp mode to be compatible with programs if that is what's your up too. Are you upgrading or clean?

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    You have to burn the dvd as iso, don't extract it first and burn the folder then. Also make shure the iso's arent corrupted.
    If it gives errors then try to burn at the lowest possible speed, if it still gives errors then your burner is probably dying

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    its possible ! Have you tried taking out the sound card and install again ?

5. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    #6 iamanoob, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    1. ensure you do not extract the iso file.. microsoft uses a special image to make their Windows 7 ISO Images.. if you extract and rebuild yourself.. it will not work unless you use CDimage or WAIK ..

2. or the image has been corrupted during storage somehow..

3. or your burning software is faulty.. try burning the DVD at the slowest speed

4. if nothing works.. i would redownload the image .. there are single links everywhere for Windows 7 ..

5. if you redownloaded the image and is still having problems.. then it's a hardware isssue ..

6. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    You don't say if your computer has a working OS on it. Was your old sound card an add in or was it on the motherboard and if so have you disabled it ? - more recent boards handle conflicts better than old boards and if this simply will not work because of a sound card added it sounds like some sort of conflict.

Disable on board sound chip - if that is what it was - otherwise remove new sound card and try install - might be new sound card problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. khrsquire

khrsquire MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    HI. Thx guys for your help. Am presently building a dual core unit with onboard sound etc. Will then try again. Can you advise a reliable win 7 32bit dld ??