Win 7 - loader, keys, not geniune - several short questions

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zpa43d, Oct 7, 2010.

1. zpa43d

zpa43d MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    I used an All-In-One (AIO) iso - to install win 7 ultimate - I don't know how I identify the .iso to you so you know which specific installation I'm talking about - is it well known? Is it just known as the AIO installation?

I don't know what loader is used. ANy idea how I find out?

After an initial installation problem with "TFGHT is missing" (overcome with advice from this board) everything has been fine - I saw that the update KB971003 had been disabled.

I did Windows update the other night (and it has worked perfectly fine until now) and opted to install something to do with Messenger but once it had downloaded and was taking me through the install I decided to leave it for now (just wanted to go and check out what all the components were - I didn't want to install something that was going to be a hog on the machines resources)

Anyway I now have the "not genuine notice" - how do I check if the KB971003 has been installed and if that is the cause of the problem?

I've seen instructions in a thread about overcoming that and I will go through that but I saw a link in it mentioning the "SLP key collection" - what does SLP mean?
    How do I use a key - what do you about the XXXXX's - guess something and check that it works on "d-fault.nl - pidcheck" or is there another set of codes for the languages somewhere?

I've seen the Daz loader mentioned - should I try getting and using it with the AIO installation I have?

TIA.

2. titian

titian MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2009
    You can check if KB971003 has been installed by opening windows update and selecting (view update history).

You will find find the answers to your questions in The official windows 7 repository post on the main windows 7 forum page.

3. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009