Win 7 - Media Center - Guest Account

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by T.Anderson, Aug 14, 2009.

1. T.Anderson

T.Anderson MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    At issue:

Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM build)

Windows Media Center runs fine when logged in as Administrator. TV works great.

When I login with my (account) WMC won't run, MS error says - you are currently logged on as guest. Windows media center requires a non-Guest account.

My account has all privleges and Administrator rights. My account member of all 'groups'. Guest Account is currently turned off.

WTF? Anybody know what the trick is to get WMC to run, when logged on as an administrator level account with all rights?

Gotta be a trick for this (bug?)

Thanks!

2. T.Anderson

T.Anderson MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Solution! Win 7 - Media Center - Guest Account

Solution! Running Windows 7 Media Center when not logged in as Administrator.

Turns out when (the other created Windows 7 account) was created, I added that newly created account to every single group available in Windows 7.

Turns out one of the Groups added to that newly created Account was (Guest!!!)

Once I removed the Guest Account Group from that Account (yes, it was already a member of Administrators) Windows 7 Media Center ran fine.

So there you have it - in Windows 7 the group rights of "guest" was trumping the Group rights of "Administrators"!!!!

Who would of thought of that?