Win 7 not genuine after KB971033 [fixed]

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Imlost, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imlost

Imlost MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2009
  2. Grimspoon

Grimspoon MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Followed these instructions exactly, twice, and they didn't work for me.

I have a modded bios with HP slic. I was using the original - now blacklisted - Lenovo key and now i'm no longer genuine.

3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Did you uninstall WAT and reboot before that?

5. Grimspoon

Grimspoon MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Just figured it out. Had to run online validation. Everything looks good now.

Will uninstal WAT update and restart to be sure.

6. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Had same issue this am. Removed cert and key as described in repository, rebooted and reinstalled different key (not blacklisted) and cert- double checked with slic dump toolkit (here also). Then still had to follow link for validation and was reactivated. I did redo my bios to different mod though- something was amiss in the slic slp oem string offsets, whatever that means. Had been great till today.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. cdcrook

cdcrook MDL Novice

Nov 10, 2009
    Had the same issue. Uninstalled, but then used DAZ 1.7.7
    Uninstalled first (as I had used it previously) and then installed BIOs mod (settings HP, HP, Acer).

Upon restart my win7 was still not genuine.... :-(

what did I do wrong?

8. Imlost

Imlost MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2009
    I didn't use a loader, I did it with a BIOS mod. I'm not sure if this will work with the loader.
    Did you follow all the steps in my original post? Deactivate Windows as the first link shows (3 commands), then install a cert file then a key?

If your BIOS can't be modded try searching for other methods on the forums, someone will have a fix soon if not already.

Good luck.

9. C.S.I.

C.S.I. MDL Junior Member

Sep 7, 2009
    If you used the Advanced Bios Mod Option, you MUST have modded your bios with a 2.1 SLIC 1st.

Otherwise , you MUST use the default 'Install' Blue glowing button to install the Loader, Serial, and Key.

10. markthediver

markthediver MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    problem not genuine

hi all,

i going nuts with this, normally i would find a solution but this for some reason has me stuck.

so i`m using windows 7 ultimate oem december 2009 from BIE.

i was not using a loader as it self activates and had no probs until i did not read the last update and then my laptop went to black screen with not genuine in the bottom right hand corner.

so i tried a few things that read about and no sucess, i finished wiith wat remover 2.2 and used windows 7 loader extreme edtion.

the wat is removed but for sure i`m not genuine again as this loader still says it pirated.

please can some body tell me a solution or must i re-install windows 7 and just not d/l that update?

thanks in advance for any help

11. ChAoTiC

ChAoTiC MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    #13 ChAoTiC, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    I have the same problem as mark and i tried everything but its still the same. I opted to downnload the untouched iso posted here and start again.

Its a bit of a pain as i only formatted a couple of weeks ago when i fitted a new mobo and my games and video editing stuff takes ages to install again but i usually reformat every few months anyway.

The first lesson i have learned tho is to come here and read and install a proper untouched copy of an o/s and do it that way instead of a chopped up version with dodgy out of date files in it.

I just hope this works ?

But again thanks for the advice and to all the clever bods that help us numpties out. :rofl6:

12. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    markthediver and ChAoTiC,
    Did you Run the Loader by Daz and click on UNINSTALL to get rid of the BIE Loader first ???
    If not do that and reboot, then run and install the Loader by Daz and go to MS Genuine site and Validate online.

13. ChAoTiC

ChAoTiC MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Yes i did NoJuan but i think it was because i used the rwat software first and tried to uninstall but it went a bit weird. I tried all the advice i read on the site but nothing.

Anyway i am typing this from my genuine new install i downloaded from here and activated with the exellent Dazz loader r6.

Tbh i feel better that i have got rid of all the garbage and done it. I feel clean again. :yeahyeah:

Thanks for your input and all the others who make this a great site. I will definitely be a regular visitor.

Btw i did my mrs toshiba laptop while i was loading mine and Dazz's tool worked a treat on it but by then i knew what i was doing a bit more. :rofl6:

14. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #16 MCGamer, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
    Well, I'm having a bit of an ungenuine problem now. Whenever I boot into Windows, the background is all black, but there is no non-genuine message in the bottom right. However, whenever I go to My Computer, Control Panel, etc., it says I may be a victim of counterfeit software. Stupidly, I installed the update, just to see if that would rid me of the messages. It didn't. Followed this guide and removed the update, rebooted, then removed the key and cert, then reinstalled cert. However, whenever I try to reinstall the key, manually or with a program, it says it's invalid. I have tried every single key that comes with Opa Tool and My Digital Activator, along with many of the keys in the SLP collection. All of them come up as invalid. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with my Asus cert successfully installed. Does anyone know what might be wrong?
    Edit: Exact error I get is... "An error occurred while installing the key." With Opa Tool, it tells me it is not a valid key.

15. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
  16. MCGamer

MCGamer MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I have the untouched ISO downloaded from here. I did a hash check and the blocks matched up.
    Using a loader will be the worst-cast-scenario as I would hate to think that I can't get this working myself.
    I guess I'll try a repair right now... Will post results when done.

17. NoJuan999

Jul 31, 2009
    I see you used a Bios Mod, You should have said that first.
    Just install a different Key and Re-Validate Online at the MS Genuine Site.

18. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Now you have it up and running with clean install backup system :)