Win 7 RC Help for noob.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hgen, Jun 5, 2010.

1. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    Hi, I'm running Win 7 RC and have removed the WAT, however Win 7 shuts down after about an hour, is there anyway to stop this? Thx.

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    You cant be serious.

1 RC expired some time ago
    2 rc sucks these days
    3 removewat doesnt work with RC
    4 Install rtm
    5 use loader or biosmod

3. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    What is rtm? sorry man I'm a noob.

4. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    Yeah, I'm on usb modem prepaid wireless, so to download Win 7 is gonna cost me $60 and I'm unemployed. It would be nice for someone just to tell me how to stop cutting out after an hour or so? Can anyone just answer my first question?

5. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    The searchfunction can answer your question if you can find it:)

or i can now.. its not possible to stop it beacuse its suppose to be like that!, its suppose to shutdown every 2nd hour and i believe you have a stickied thread called:
    "What to do if your Windows is shutting down every 2 hours." go read that one.

RC (Release Candidate) is a incomplete (not full) testversion made available by MS last year to let us test it before going RTM which it now has, and you have to install rtm..

6. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Oh sorry, I didn't know anything about your work & internet situation.

7. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    Have you read the sticky? It's ambiguous isn't it? Its says you can't, but then goes on to say the only way you can is with removewat??

Can the timebomb be removed? yes or no?

8. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    #9 steven4554, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    No, not unless you know anything about reverse engineering files to remove the timebomb, plus you won't be able to receive anymore updates from MS (except the ones that MS released when Windows 7 RC was being tested), as they make updates for the RTM version now which is much better and more importantly no timebomb.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    D'oh, i forgot about those old windows versions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. ChAoTiC

ChAoTiC MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Surely you know someone that can either ...

a) Download it for you
    or
    b) Let you log onto there network so you can download it yourself?

Do that and use a loader and no more problems. :biggrin:

11. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    #12 steven4554, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    He has stated that he cannot download win7 himself because of the expense, so he only has 3 options left open to him:

1. Ask someone to download and post him a DVD with win7 on (no loaders or keys, just untouched trial copy, though i wouldn't do this as it is illegal and violates the EULA!)

2. Buy Windows 7 (unlikey cause the prices are too high even for Home Premium.)

3. Give up, and if he has a copy of XP or Vista then install that.

12. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Nobody bothered to try - why would they when the official release was out before the RC expired ?

So, the short answer is no.

You can try to run it by changing the system date but it will discover the true date when you're online so unless you intend to run 7 to play solitare I think you need to find some way to get a RTM version.

Where do you live ? PM the answer if you don't want to expose this info online.

13. bluealien

bluealien MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    There are some solutions you can find on google like shutdownguard or something, just not sure if it actually works. Changing the date prior to march 2010 might work for the short term but like rosco said, once you go online, the system might or will find the correct date.

Since it would be quite expensive for you to go online and download, maybe you can find a windows 7 dvd in your local area or borrow from a "friend". Install it and search the threads to activate.

14. hgen

hgen MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    PM'd you mate.

15. neon1

neon1 MDL Novice

May 3, 2010
    Why bother with RC now?