Win 7 Upgrade , How to do this ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bluescreen, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium "Upgrade".
    I would like to make an ISO file using UtraIso, then remove ei.cfg into the sources 's folder to choose my version ... easy.
    But how to get rid of the activation problem if I want to do a clean fresh install on a blank HDD. ?
    Do I need to install and make the reg tweak ? Is there a way to avoid this ? :yummy:
    I googled about that, but came up in the dark.
    Thanks for any help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Why don't you just install Home Premium, activate with Daz loader then use one of the Keys in the Keys file to do an Anytime upgrade, works perfect here for me with my Professional edition to Ultimate!

You don't have to modify anything this way, just install Windows then the loader, grab a edition key, do the Anytime upgrade sit down and watch the show and relax!

3. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    if you purchased windows, there's no need to bypass activation, unless you're paranoid and don't want your computer to talk to MS's activation servers of course

but yes, like jaguar said... install and use daz loader... you can also use a modded BIOS to get the same results but at the expense of some risk... but a modded BIOS is permanent... either method still requires offline activation as talked about in many threads here
    if you want to disable or modify the activation system, don't bother... you'll break your windows and you may get detected eventually, which will stop you from getting any updates

4. Bluescreen

Jul 16, 2009
    Thanks you,
    However I need to clarify some points. The Windows is not for me. It's for an older Mamie who has no knowledge about PC.
    I already have my PC running Win 7 Ultimate with a modded Bios. ;)

The problem is the HDD failed last week and she lost everything, including the Windows XP installed on it.
    I have The retail upgrade Disk with sitckers S/N ect.. But she cannot do an upgrade on the new HDD. I can't do it mylsef because she lives too far from me.
    So, as said by Jaguar, the best way can be to prepare an OEM DVD version, use a key from the list and I will send an USB Stick with DAZ loader inside with a "readme" how to use it. I can assist her using the phone.
    :worthy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    why don't you just burn a disc using searchengine's multi-oem activator? he has a version with the daz loader included that will automagically run and activate

6. Bluescreen

Jul 16, 2009
    Well, I don't know about it. I always use RTM DVD from Technet untouched and I use Modded Bios.
    Is there a link to explain how to embedded the Daz loader into the DVD. ?
    I don't want to download and more, I need a French version of Win 7.

7. Bluescreen

Jul 16, 2009
    Ah! Yous salved me !! ;) ;)

Thanks you. I will do that.. Easy. There are so many threads here I missed that one. :(
    I hae all the tools to do that and Mamie will send you a kiss in few days :hug2: