win 7 version

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LimitsX, Sep 8, 2009.

1. LimitsX

LimitsX MDL Member

May 16, 2009
    Is it really worth installing windows 7 ultimate or professional is sufficient for a home/student user?

The only extra features i can compare prof. with ultimate is the encryption and the other useless feature. I never used those two features in vista ultimate, except the dream scene.

If i install Professional ver. will the ram resource be less compare to ultimate?

All the features i need are in professional except those two extra.

i am kinda skeptical about it. unless there are some hidden features or things to come forth, after the october 22 launch date..?

2. ripee

ripee MDL Junior Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Well there won't be any Ultimate Extras like in Vista, but if you don't wanna wait until Home Premium SLP keys leak closer to Oct. 22nd then by all means in stall Pro or Ultimate. I for one don't use any of the Ultimate features except having 2 language packs, but I do like the peace of mind that I have all the features and I don't have to compromise.

3. LimitsX

LimitsX MDL Member

May 16, 2009
    Yeah but the bit locker encryption feature, is completely useless to me lol. That is the only feature professional lacks and the language packs, which is useless since i am English end user.

Not interested in the home premium anyway, i suppose professional will do. Just wanted to get an opinion if anything might come along.

I am currently using ultimate and i have to do a full format prior to my university commences, which is tomorrow.

but there won't be any more features except the two ones i found on MS site.

4. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I was thinking the same thing...I just signed up for that ACM $19 student thing to get a retail copy of Pro after deciding that ultimate really is nothing more than a name. bitlocker is worthless to me, and I am also an English-only user. Sure, it looks cool when you load up and it says "ultimate" on the bottom of your login screen, but the features are just not there. If, for whatever reason, I ever do want ultimate, I can always install it and mod my BIOS to get activation.

5. LimitsX

LimitsX MDL Member

May 16, 2009
    Ditto. I did thorough check and Professional is the one for me. I am using OEM SLP lol since i had slic 2.0 now its 2.1 :p. So doesn't matter what version i use, their all legit to me. But ultimate doesn't really seem any beneficial since i don't need the extra feature - bitlock. Languages are useless, only english here.

In short, professional seems to be the most suitable version for student/home user :D.

thanks for the input =p.

6. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    If only i remember correctly. Professional also lacks all those MS games, which is also not any kind of a problem though.

7. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    I heard the same thing about Enterprise, which is the exact same thing as Pro, just geared towards business users, and that you actually can get the games, you just have to manually install them through control panel. I may be wrong about this though, but either way the windows games are crap.

8. murdercitydevil

Sep 7, 2009
    that's the chart I was looking for!

Yeah, my mistake about that, it was ultimate then, not pro. Well either way, from what I read, if the games aren't included, you are supposedly able to install them from Control Panel.