Win 7 > Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mrvex, Jan 9, 2010.

1. mrvex

mrvex MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2009
    Win 7 to Vista, i'm getting bored of windows 7.. i'm wondering if its stupid to change it to windows Vista? many loss of functions? or what

2. ffcloud2000

ffcloud2000 MDL Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Bored? What? and you loose Features Performance you name it

3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    There is no correct answer to ur question. If u like Vista more than just install it.

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Which loss of functions are you reffering to ? Personally Windows 7 is a great improvemnt....IMHO. :D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Well Vista SP2 isn't that bad but I personally don't see the point why anyone what's to go back.

6. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Agreed. I shall continue to enjoy 7........at least untill Windows 8 gets leaked, lol. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. xhtml

xhtml MDL Member

Jul 15, 2009
    yeah, alex better go with win7. jk incase u r bored with these amazing features then u moved down. me, even moved down to winxp, cos my wifi dead :) however i tried many times with support from the forum... i m back on win7 and winxp for dualboot... so far so good, if not i ll go for xp!

8. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    What has WinVista what Win7 hasn't? Or do you mean "bored" because you don't get any error messages and there has no hour-taking work to be done? ;):p

Anyways - why should an OS be "interesting"? It's just an OS. If you want it to be interesting, play games, watch movies, listen to music etc.

You don't buy new shoes if you find walking boring, do you?

9. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    If you are getting "bored" of your OS you're spending too much time looking at it and very little time actually doing real work on it.

10. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Or use Linux instead. I assure u u'll never get board from that os

11. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    LOL...Totally agreed with this.;);)

12. mamamia88

mamamia88 MDL Member

Dec 26, 2009
    if you are bored install linux and play around with compiz fusion. you will never get bored

13. Andrew180

Andrew180 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2009
    not true :D i got bored of that. but u can give an snow leopard vanilla installation (if u have intel core) with custom dsdt a try. that should take u some time... :D

14. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Service pack 2 is a big s**t thing for vista, it messed up 3 systems for me (very very slow booting etc). Personally i would never go back from windows 7 to vista. Windows 7 is a very good os compared to vista (not that vista sucks, but after updating to sp2 its a big let down).

15. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    #15 roirraW "edor" ehT, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
    Dynamite and/or handguns always make computers more interesting...temporarily. Best if doing with someone else's computer. :eek:

If you're REALLY bored. Install Windows for Workgroups v3.11 and the necessary components (and probably an OLD PCI network card that had WFW drivers available) to get high-speed internet working. Hell, WTF. Go for DOS and use the Arachne v1.70 DOS web browser via dialup. After all this, refer back to my first sentence in this post.

16. lifedigital

lifedigital MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    Why do you want to go back to Windows Vista. You will get bore sooner or later again. In my opinion, I think you better stick with windows 95 or windows ME. Lots of fun....Ha ha.

17. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Windows ME FTW!

18. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Hehe, ME was really bad if u ask me...

19. bloke

bloke MDL Junior Member

Mar 1, 2008
    I actually prefer Vista over Win7, boot times are the same and at least you don't have those giant micky mouse icons on the task bar. If you get a slipstreamed sp2 version of vista and load that up I think you'de be surprised just how stable it is. I don't get any problems with any of my systems and even my Mum likes it, which is a miracle, as she thought XP was a dog. Even though I have copies of win7 I'll not be upgrading soon, it just looks like it's vista with a party hat on.

20. jbysmith

jbysmith MDL Junior Member

Feb 8, 2008
    XP vs 7 is one thing. But Vista vs 7? No comparison. 7 is far superior in every way. I still have one test system with a Vista partition on it. Fired it up the other day to see if there was anything left to back up before formatting it.. and it's just awful compared to 7. If you don't like how 7 looks, you can change it. (The "giant Mickey Mouse icons" for example.. you can make the task bar just like Vista's with a couple clicks.) Looks aside, it's just a lot smoother and more reliable. If you're going to downgrade, do it right and drop back to XP.

And have to agree, if you're bored, install a Linux disto onto a spare partition or a VM. It'll keep you busy for quite a long time. I don't mean Compiz and all that nonsense, get to really know the OS.