Win 8.1 in notification mode

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lostpassword, Apr 21, 2014.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Can someone please help me. I downloaded Win 8.1 32 bit English from the link on abbodi1406 thread. I created the DVD without any problems and WIN 8.1 installed over my WIN7 ultimate without any problems. I used the key mentioned during installation and Microsoft said the key was OK. Key starts Y9 and ends TC

I am trying to activate using the MICROSOFT Toolkit 2.5.1 and when I try to activate it says Blank or invalid confirmation ID. I did try with the Autokms first but realise this might be wrong, so I uninstalled and installed KMS Server service. What I cannot find out is what version of 8.1 I really have and can I use the Microsoft Toolkit. I would be very grateful for simple answers -

1 ) What version of Win 8.1 is this - or how do I find out - System say Windows 8.1 Single Language but nothing about Pro etc.

2) What tool should I use to activate and what Tool within the Toolkit ie. AutoKMs or KMS server service

I have read a lot of the Win8 forum, but some of it is getting very difficult to follow. The actual installation went very smoothly and everything seems to be working fine. I have used the DAZ loader on WIN& without any problems so cannot be 100% stupid. Simple answers please. Thank you.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    If System Panel states Single Language then you installed that special Core version :g:. Why didn't you grab Pro instead?

In MTK first uninstall KMSServerService then either install the Product Key for CoreSingleLanguage before activation or use 'EZ-Activator', that will do all needed steps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Thank you s1ave77 - I used EZ-Activator, activated OK, but only gives me 44 days remaining grace. Says owner should verify Product Use Rights. I have reset the PC and it said the same. Out of curiosity I ran EZ_Activator again and it now says 45 days remaining grace.

I realise now that I should not have used the Core single language version, but am still not sure which link to use for the Pro 8.1. If I can find the Pro 8.1 would it install over the Core edition? The actual system seems to be working very well, and I would be quite happy to stick with the Core Edition, as I do not need all the Network stuff and would never use Media Player etc. I always use Foobar for music.

4. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    The 45 days are due to a glitch in KMS protocol (a real KMS Host would refuse to activate but the Emulators do). In case 'EZ-Activator' was used, AutoKMS will reactivate every StartUp/LogOn/24 hrs, so activation grace won't drop below 44 days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    s1ave77 - thanks very much for the helpful reply. I have also installed Office 2013 without any problems.

I am getting on fine with Win 8.1 except I cannot get my USB voip handset to work properly on Skype or Voipbuster. This seems to be a common problem with 8.1. (many entries on Google for this - fine on 8.0, no good on 8.1) I can use the handset with Sound recorder and it worked perfectly. I can hear the sound perfectly on test messages but the other side cannot hear me. I have checked all the microphone settings. I am just using a Windows 7 PC to make Voip calls for the time being.

Just for Info - my old DOS database from 1985 is working perfectly and looks very good on screen. It has to have FCBS = 128,128 added to config.nt which is found in exactly the same place as Win 7 \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 - only works with 32 bit versions. Maybe it is just my imagination but the screens look very good on WIN 8.1.