win 8.1, possible ie11 issue or forum / Problem Solved

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mac25, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Mac25

Mac25 MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2008
    #1 Mac25, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    having an issue on one forum I visit, the main site and different categories open fine, when I open any thread it opens
    a blank page and never loads even if I refresh, any ideals on how to fix the issue without a os reload ?

ive reset ie11 from internet options in the control panel, deleted cookies and history, but still no luck, ive scanned for virus, run malwarebytes, online virus scan and all came up clean, not having any other issues, only on that site, the site has implemented some new security measures recently, I have contacted the site owner but no fix yet.

the site is screamandfly.

2. President_Trump

President_Trump MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2016
    It sounds like the site just isn't compatible with IE11. Many webmasters consider IE outdated don't have much interest in supporting it. I'm pretty sure reinstalling the OS would not change anything.

Why not try another browser, such as Firefox of Chrome? They don't cost anything. Use them until the site does support IE11. They are easy to uninstall if you don't like them.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Everything works correctly, so, You must look for the problem in the system, what You're using or in the room, where the system located.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mac25

Mac25 MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2008
    tried both chrome and FF, same result, cant seem to locate the issue.

5. Mac25

Mac25 MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2008
    was a network driver issue apparently, I had enabled "jumbo Packet" and set "speed and duplex" to 1.0 Gbps full duplex and the site didn't like that setting,
    uninstalled/reboot and let win load the driver and problem gone.

issue is fixed

6. President_Trump

President_Trump MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2016
    Wow, my guess was terrible. Glad you posted the solution - great find.