Win 8.1 Refresh PC Not Working Now- Insert Media

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pauldamo, Oct 19, 2013.

1. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    well this is just getting weirder,have trouble with win store app not opening,but if i create a new user account it works,but i lose all my programs,so i thought i'd try refresh,it says insert media some files are missing,so i put in legal win 8 pro and it says wrong media,i thought maybe because it's not 8.1,so i made a recovery drive,and refresh says that's the wrong media as well. :mad:

2. trbanglang

trbanglang MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2013
    Media of Windows 8.1 in DVD or .iso Windows 8.1. You must insert it.

3. SimpleU

SimpleU MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2011
    #3 SimpleU, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    I have had near similar situation, whereby on my 1st try at (Window Store) upgrade to 8.1 Pro with Media, it said my PC needs to be repaired and not enough space on my Ramdisk? (I'm using a PC not a laptop) and to insert either my usb and/or disc. Then it reverted back to my Pro 8 with media.

I scrolled down to the last item and click on (I can't remember whether it is F9 for another system).

Then, on my 2nd try - I inserted my usb external drive with my backup and upgraded again through the store and it worked without any problem. (I upgraded since the 17th October). I hope whatever I have encountered will provide some helpful info.