Win 8.1 Taskbar - Google Chrome Links

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by lostpassword, Jan 7, 2015.

1. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Sorry in advance if this has been covered, but I cannot find it.

As you may know, for my sins I am a fan of Windows 8.1. I am NOT a genius like a lot of the posters on this site, and am using the Taskbar for shortcuts like show Desktop, Restart, Switch Off etc. These all work well, and I have also made links to my favourite websites. One frustration is that Chrome is always opened in a new special window that does not show the tab bar or links bar. Right clicking the link on the Taskbar seems to do the same and does not help on my machine.

It seems that there used to be a way round this several years ago, but Google have stopped support for Chrome Toolbox and I would be very grateful if anybody knows of a fix.

Many thanks

PS I found the articles about preserving Windows activation etc and OEM key very useful, and even managed to achieve this on a new laptop that came with Windows 8.0. Even though I had the ESD file from the site and made an 8.1 ISO I still had to use the generic key to start with and change to the OEM key after installation. One thing you do not mention much is that Killdisk should be run to get rid of all the rubbish and Windows Old etc. After the first successful installation I had to go back to MBR and delete ALL partitions to start again, but after that all worked perfectly. I am a big fan of Killdisk 9 (free edition).