Win 8 Enterprise x64 - Right click menu sometimes disappearing without clicking on it

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nicktorn, Feb 6, 2013.

1. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    This has started happening on two computers. When I right click on a folder in explorer sometimes the right click menu will just disappear without me clicking on it. This happens 100% of the time when I left click an item in explorer and immediately right click on another item.

Anyone else getting this?

2. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Bump

Am I really the only one experiencing this? It's happened across 5 installs and 3 computers on both Enterprise and Pro versions. It seems the right click menu disappearing happens when the yellow "Picture Tools" or purple "Video Tools" comes up or goes away in the folders navigation pane. It doesn't happen all the time, only when one of these shows up or disappears along with a right click.

Can I get rid of these tool popups on the navigation pane? They are driving me mad as I use right click in my folders very often and more often than not, have to right click twice. :ranting:

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    bumping never solved any problem.
    Be patient or get used to your problem as if time of any member allows, you will get your answer (or never) :eek:

4. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Not to be rude, but I really don't see a difference in bumping and creating a whole new thread, besides one making the total thread count larger. :p

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    could be 100 things really, what is all running in the background? Keyloggers can cause that as well as mouse drivers and software.

6. nicktorn

nicktorn MDL Member

Aug 24, 2012
    2 systems have logitech mice, the third has a Razer mouse. This happens on a clean install.

Usually happens in the downloads folder since there are multiple file types in there. But right now there are no videos anywhere in the folder structure of Downloads, but when I click off of the one folder in there it has the yellow picture tools notation on the navigation pane. When I click on the folder itself the video tools thing pops up. The disappearing right click menu happens when it changes from one to the other. So weird that I can't find anything on it, but it has happened on so many of my installs with different versions different PCs all with untouched ISOs. Really bizarre.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    you using video drivers that get installed with windows or updating. Could be that as well.