Win 8 Pro forgets my wallpaper

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jasqid, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jasqid

jasqid MDL Member

Feb 10, 2008
    After a reboot, I get back into my desktop and windows 8 forgets my wallpaper. I am greeted with a black screen everytime. WTH?

I am running the full TechNet version. Clean install.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    No problem for me running the Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation! I use my MS Account with that and it were even taken the same Desktop Wallpaper I run on my Windows 7 Ultimate also with my MS Account! In my unactivated Pro version/installation I was change the Wallpaper and that works well. For that I was using an Windows 7 Theme Wallpaper.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inzane

inzane MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2009
    Did you try any of the water mark removers of activators out there on your fresh install?

4. jassi

jassi MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2011
    The wallpaper setting works fine for me but whenever explorer crashes the tray icon settings of some programs are changed.Also I have scheduled taskmgr to run at startup.After crash the changes I made in taskmgr are gone.

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    May you should set a new Restore Point after changes are done.

I do such for years already before and after changes in Vista and Windows 7 Ultimate. Just for to be sure that I could easy go back if any problems coming up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Lightwave

Lightwave MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    I also have this problem. I have to use default windows 8 theme and wait it to sync with my account. Now you can use any wallpapers.