Win 8.x • Win 7 • Vista - 'Multi-OEM' ISO Project

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by searchengine, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2281 The_Guardian, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    So I take it wmic still works....maybe just a bug that others have reported. If nothing else I can always use the getwin8key.exe to do the trick, if need be. ;)

New project update status.....16 more oem's to resize images then the project will be completed. :)

2. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Actually I noticed that about 30 mins ago while messing with win 10. lol Thanks for pointing that out anyways. I am sure others might not have known about it yet. You beat me to it. lol

3. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2283 The_Guardian, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    New OEM Project Nov 2014 is completed. If anyone wants to beta test the new project, pm me and I will send link via pm reply. :) If all goes well after testing then I will create a new thread with the new oem project.

4. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2284 The_Guardian, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Done and thank you xinso. :) I forgot that I did not need that anymore since I got wmic working in oobe.cmd file. See, it is nice to have others test as well. :) I installed this on my neighbors computer (win 8.1) and went as smooth as silk.

5. zaphod77

zaphod77 MDL Junior Member

Nov 6, 2014
    anyone know if the current or new one works with Anarethos recovery? Seems like this would be a useful tool for system builders. I tried reading the threads and found info about it not working right.

Anyway seems the ability to install clean onto licensed systems, brand properly, and create a restore partition would be very useful and legal (just have to install the same one as the COA sticker for windows 7 and vista, and just read the key from the bios for windows 8) for people that like to fix computers.

6. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    I have used the old one and the new one that I have been working on with anarethos recovery tools....my neighbor has recovery tools and the new project installed as well so yes it works with it but you need to use anarethos recovery tool xml file instead of the ones included in this project in order to set your partitioning. I use anarethos recovery tools and this project all the time. ;)

7. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2287 The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    The thing I don't care for "personally" is that it adds extra line of code from original thus making it longer. Think I will keep it the same for right now anyways. Feel free to change it yourself if you like your method better. I have no objection. The great thing now is that it is open source so to speak...edit it how you wish if you like. :)

8. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2288 The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014
    You did not offend me. Also you are by no means ignorant or rude. Your very smart and I thank you for your help. You can edit yours how you wish, I don't care nor am I offended. We are good my friend. :) I am going to take a break and watch a movie...my eyes are hurting from looking at the monitor all day long. lol I will be back online later. Take care and have fun. :)

9. zaphod77

Nov 6, 2014
    i have old one, and i see no Autounattend.xml in it at all. is that part of the new project?

So i just use aio maker to make the AIO disk, then insert the $oem$ folder, then add the autounattend.xml and install folders to the root of the bootable usb as well?

Also would daz loader break things, because it forces a reboot, or will it be delayed until after the OOBE? will it update on the internet ok in audit mode?

10. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2290 The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014
    The xml's are in the option folder in old project and new project.
    The oem folder goes in the sources folder and the xml goes at the root of the iso/usb.
    If you use daz loader use it from setupcomplete.cmd or firstlogon.cmd....if you wish it not to reboot then add no restart to the loader switches.
    In order to use the windows update for windows 8.x from audit mode you will need to add powershell extensions. This is another conversation all together. lol

11. zaphod77

Nov 6, 2014
    ah. right. of course that one would be skipped. setupcomplete has the reference to the loader, but only tries to execute it if the multi oem failed to find a cert, and that runs out of OOBE. i guess testing on a virtual machine would be a good idea?

12. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    That's what I would recommend before using on a real machine.

13. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2293 The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014
    I had to go back to using the monitor tool in order to get resolution size in windows 8....this does not effect the other OS's, only windows 8 so I am going to remove the wmic for resolution and use the monitor tool for it works in all OS's.

Update: Can NOT use wmic at all in windows 8! I have no choice because of windows 8 but to use other programs to get oem-dm key and resolution of monitor so the project will grow a little bit because of this issue in windows 8. I will work on this tomorrow...I'm tired.

14. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2294 The_Guardian, Nov 8, 2014
    I went back to the old way I had it a week ago for it works on all OS's. Like the saying goes..."if it's not broke, don't fix it." ;)

15. antifaith

antifaith MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2014
    Got an issue, tried using several different iso's now after Murphys Windows 8.1, and still get the same result in the middle of install

'Windows cannot copy files from D:/Sources to C:/Windows/Sources. The files do not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070002'

Keep getting stuck at this step - I've tried it with 3 different iso's now all giving the same result where am I going wrong?

Turn off Legacy support in BIOS to force UEFI
    Drop $oem$ folder into sources
    Add Force_Theme_[readme].txt into HP folder
    Drop ei.cfg file into sources

Save
    Create bootable disk

Came with Windows 8 OEM, now has no operating system

Help?

16. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
  17. antifaith

antifaith MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2014
    No, just a straight x64 iso, so there's only one source folder - I've used the same USB on this machine to install windows 7 previously, just trying to get back to 8 now so I can sell it

Thanks for the link to the relevant post

18. thanhhaiek

thanhhaiek MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2015
    I add $oem$ folder into source folder but it's not auto apply cert key please full help me

19. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    come back searchengine! :throw::sad: