Win. Media Player 11 for Windows 7 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leis, Oct 12, 2014.

1. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I've been trying to install windows media player 11 on my computer, but have failed miserably due to the download itself comes with freeware (programs that are offered that are from what I gather are the sponsors to the download (WMP11)). The problem is, I've never gotten the installation complete because whatever offers of freeware I say no to, something still comes with the download and I've tried it 3 times in the past couple of months and Malware Bytes scans shows 20 or more instances of malware/virus' and it's all I can do to get the computer clean of all if it after attempting to just download the windows media 11 player. Geez..

I want to get rid of WMP12 as it does not function properly it never did and the long story short, I haven't been able to figure out how to decode files or if I want to watch a video or play streamed video, I don't know how to for instance, introduce a flv file to a player such as VLC that I tried and downloaded and installed nicely without a hitch. The sample videos played extra nice but that's it. I couldn't get it to play on its own as default player that like the wmp 12 is all set up in that way of being the default and therefore, when I click it on when the rebroadcast video starts it will finally play pretty good as well after at least 20 minutes.I presume it is that long to download the rebroadcast and it's on a JW Player on the website I subscribe to. I can't watch it on the website's JW player because it doesn't play at all correctly, not even after 10 minutes or trying to just be cool patient and wait the JW player doesn't play well for my computer and then I end up after all, going to windows media player and putting up with the wait. If at first after the player does start up and is playing fine, but i want to fast forward over a section or over commercial, it will then re-start back out or that is, I have to now wait 5 to 10 to 15 minutes, depending upon how much i fastforwarded!!! But near the end of the program or the download, which would be the show that is what 2 or 3 hours, but it will fast forward at a normal or more-like-it way without having to start the percentage all over again like I just explained. Isn't that a trip!!

Wonder why I want to dispel it. a
    If there are any ideas or suggestions that I might get this accomplished with the 11 windows media player, thanks a lot and I appreciate your time in this regard.

Thanks*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Get real, use VLC instead

sebus

3. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    If this is happening, you need to change download sites; maybe try filehippo.com. Better yet, do as sebus suggests.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    ???????????????

How does IE11 on Windows 7 relates to Win. Media Player 11 for Windows 7 Pro ?

OK, 11 is the same, but beyond that...

5. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Be easy on me, I have had a rough day.:help2:

6. Bobby M.

Bobby M. MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    VLC is horrible player. Try MPC-HC instead.

7. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Get real. I tried using VLC instead and it didn't work.

8. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    You know, what it is is the windows media player 11 that I tried downloading is the same download that is on a few internet sites and they have this set up, I'm sure you maybe aware of it, where it .... starts with a "Q" and something about install, ok, and it wants for the 11 WMP download, to accompany all this software that, of course, isn't preferred but that's where I said I haven't been able to actually finally "install" that Windows MP because (and I'm not exaggerating) the virus' and/or malware that all of a sudden is everywhere, and it's at the same time, when I'm trying fast and furious to exit this software offering that came with the wmp11 and like I said, by the time I finally get the hurricane overwith and have the computer back to order, I've ditched the windows media player download, and said...._ it! But I'm gravitating back to trying to get it because as far as I know and as much as I'm not really comprehending how to assemble a media player, it's the only WMP that I believe would be better and maybe because of wmp12 library functions that I don't use or have set up is why the start up to play it takes 20 to 30 mins. ... ya know what I mean(?).

9. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    This is one that I haven't heard about and so maybe I can at least take a look at it.
    Thanks for your input Bobby

:D

10. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
  11. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    With WMP12 already a part of Windows 7, you can't install an earlier version. However, you can download the Microsoft version of Windows Media Player 11.

Attached Files:

12. leis

leis MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Hey Oldsh_
    As a followup I have to tell you that the WMP 12 (and I feel a little foolish for my thread in the first place) but after I got my new increase for the internet connection trueStream though DSLextreme, the video broadcasts etc....come on on the fly. So, there ya go!! Or there I go. But really the DSL connection at 604....when it was going for package of 1500/384 (that's Dsl) that was a poor connection and no wonder of no video lifting up past the stop go burp, sorry BRB way of operating anything, ya know. I mean, there's some pretty peppy DSL connects out there still, but it all keeps mounting to bigger and better and imagine if we had the speeds they have in other places outside of the US? As the reporting and sites that do as such, have shown we're kind of in the back somewhere as opposed to having the greater internet connections accessible.
    Meanwhile, thanks again for your willingly helping and I appreciate it and the others on here too, in connection to my thread and sorry I was blowing gaskets over the main problem that was not too much considered overall....of the slow connection.

leis

:D