Win Not Always Loading Monitor Ref Rate & Colour Collab - Does This Happen To You?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Paft, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Sometimes when booting into Windows it hasn't remembered my refresh rate or monitor colour collaraberation. I have two choices:

-Either go to: (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution) and when I click on 'Advanced Settings' it automatically goes to the highest res without me doing anything.

-Or reboot.

I'd just like to know if this happens to anyone else?

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I suppose u're using a CRT-monitor ? cause LCD/TFT monitors no longer utilize refresh rate, meaning with lcds u don't need to adjust the refresh rate.

Using a 22" lcd here, and no adjustments are ever needed or asked by win.

Could u elaborate your specific issue ?

3. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Yes, I am temporarily on a CRT monitor which I have set to 85 Hertz. But occasionally when Windows has booted it will be at 60, and at the same time forgets my brightness via Windows' own display utility.

I have two choices:

1) I either reboot and hope it doesn't happen

2) Reapply the refresh rate / collaborate monitor.

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card installed ?

also try installing drivers for your monitor, it may help. visit your monitor's vendor site to find them.
    seems to me that windows can't identify your monitor as well as it should. the lack of proper monitor drivers could be causing this.

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Newer monitors get identified by win7 automaticly, but for older monitors it can happen that windows can't identify it and installs some generic monitor driver with which your monitor will function, but as this driver isn't accually that suited for your mon, it will lack functionallity.

so installing a driver for your specific monitor brand and type is my best bet at solving this...

let me now if you succeed or not :)

6. Paft

Paft MDL Junior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah, everything is up to date asides from the monitor itself. It's an old CRT from 2002 ish.

It's only temporary, for a month or so.

Thanks for the response. I'll look into it tomorrow.